Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car mat clips!

Voleman

Hello all, I am new to this forum.

I wonder if anyone can help? My IQ is an 09 plate IQ2. Out of the 4 car mat clips 2 have broken and I can't seem to find any appropriate replacements - all the ones I can find seem to be a different design whereby the clip attached to the car through a circular clip on the bottom.

My clips have no circular clip but an oval piece on the back and the clips slide backwards on their side then are rotated in to the correct position . Attached is a pic of my broken clip (the car attachment bit has broken off the end)

The number on the bottom of the clip PZ410-10350-02 yields very little when searched on Google.

Is this a discontinued design? Am I being thick?

Many thanks,

Marek

15302076428518108658805164807324.jpg

Hi Marek, welcome to TOC ☺️

afaik PZ410-10350-02 is the mat itself.

yes, the fixing system changed ~ 2012 iirc. is this what you need? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyota-Carpet-Mat-Clip-Retainer-Floormat-/252784241368?

Thanks for your quick reply. I have attached a pic on an undamaged clip. As you can see the attachment to the car is at the rear of the clip and not underneath. I have had a good feel under the carpet and soundproofing on my IQ and there does not appear to be any hole to locate the bottom lug on your linked clip!

I am loth to go to the dealer as I have been to two different Toyota dealer about some separate issues and they have quite frankly been useless.

Googling the part number in my original post leads to an expired eBay listing for Toyota mat clips, so I feel a bit stuck.

IMG_20180628_195642.jpg

These clips do seem a weak spot. I have had my car for seven years now and I know straight away when either the driver or passenger one breaks. You hear a crack! You have just got to stand on one when getting in or out of the car. It is so bad I always keep at least one spare in the car. I have had no trouble getting them from the dealer though. I tell them my registration number and they get me the correct clips. When I used up my last spare in April after the familiar crack sound I noticed that the front mat almost had a hole in too and so I ordered a new front mat which came with two clips. So now I have two spares which will keep me going a bit longer.

Thank you all for your advice, I will go to my local dealer and if no luck will contact Parts King.

M

I bought a pack of 4 of these a while back. Part No. on the pack is PZ410-I0350-02 (the character after the first dash looks like a capital 'i' not the number 1; all the '0's look like zeros)

My clips last about a week, always broke them, so never fitted any more.

They break when I push myself back in the seat, my feet pushing on the carpet.

(trouble is that Toyota check for broken clips on every service, as they are in every inspection, so they know they are weak)

3 years without a clip, had no problems.

1 hour ago, Helisupp said:

(trouble is that Toyota check for broken clips on every service, as they are in every inspection, so they know they are weak)

I think that you will find that this is due to the issue that they had in the US with mats supposedly jamming pedals. If my car ever goes in for a service with non-oem mats when I pick it up they will have been placed in the boot ...

• 4 years later...

Hi,

How does these clips attach to the IQ carpet as I can't see anything to anchor them down to the car carpet like the other types?

I recall they anchor just under the carpet near the front edge of the front seats.

Just under the front of the seat, place in the hole and turn 90º

PZ410I035002

Ive got a load of these....how many do you need? the reason i say is that i thought they came as singles - ordered 4 and got 4 bags of 4 ( i might even have more than that!)

Edit - just checked in the garage - still got 11 left...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi, thank you for the reply, but I have already purchased 2 sets from Toyota on Amazon as postage cost more than the clips when I asked the question.

8 hours ago, knt said:

Hi, thank you for the reply, but I have already purchased 2 sets from Toyota on Amazon as postage cost more than the clips when I asked the question.

... and all fitted ok now?

Yes, all fitted thanks. Looks like the few previous owners never bothered with the hooks as I had to cut away the 2 flaps to reveal the metal slots to put the back of the clips into.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

I agree that this design to hold the mats in place is utterly useless, coupled with clips that as soon as they are hit, will break, (very odd for Toyota). May I suggest an alternative? This is my initial trial. I may replace the lace with a heavier duty cord, plus put a knot in it to prevent the cord being lost back in the box section. The box section where the chassis number is stamped, its hollow and with a little bit of patience a thin wire coat hanger will go up it, having attached a boot lace to it, I fished the lace out of the holes which normally hold the clips. Then a simple knot. 

IMG_8927.JPG

IMG_8928.JPG

IMG_8930.JPG

• Thanks 1