Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any idea what these stereo loom plugs are for?

Lee Collings

I have a SR model (1.8 petrol), and have the multidisc changer and climate control.

I've found some extra plugs in the stereo loom, and wonder if anyone knows what they're for?

IMG_E0823.JPG

I'd expect it is for a different radio/cd/sat nav variant that could be ordered as an option with the car?

Yes I would imagine so, however I Was hoping someone might be able to tell me exactly what both plugs are for/do.

• 10 months later...

Anyone able to give me an idea what these are for? They are actually more behind the climate control space, but look like they are part of the stereo loom.

They weren’t connected to anything when I removed the standard head unit, and couldn’t see anywhere they would fit.

What are they likely to be for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Can anyone help identify the shape of these plugs and what they’re likely to be for?

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
Bumping is against the forum rules

As said above, probably for the sat/nav option.

The gray plug goes into the CD changer port, but this port is often used for auxiliary like Toyota bluetooth kit, or people even add mp3/aux options to their cars using this port.

Grey plug - 5 pins ? Reverse, parking brake and vss (used for sat nav) - the op has a cd changer

White plug - again sat nav and/or rear camera - mic, aux, etc

i can only find the rav4 pinouts for the same era of stereos so colours may be different

Thanks everyone for your help.

My next question is what’s the difference between the B9008 and the B9010 units?

They look visually identical, but are both compatible with a 2008 Corolla Verso SR?

Also where would the stock CD changer be located? Under the passenger seat or somewhere in the boot?

• 2 months later...

Again.. bump. Anyone?

I have to say coming from TalkFord, this forum is really dead. There’s no where near enough activity to provide helpful (so far, from my opinion).

How many active members are there?

Hi,

Well on most cars there are various untermnated plugs where a host of add on extras could have been fitted, but as your is 12 years old its asking a lot for others to know about such detail.

Most such comment on head units is when they are replaced so perhaps using the  Search tool for  this  section and the Audio sections for folk who have done such mods might  show some mention about those connects.

Usually the whole Toyota forum is quiet well used, but bear in mind that Toyotas biggest strength is the reliability factor so far fewer folk need to use it. :biggrin: 

• 3 years later...

I think I may have had a bit of a breakthrough, as I've found this post:

And on this about half way down, shows some images of the back of a B9008 nav unit, which clearly show ports for the two plugs I've found.

Interestingly, these are not present on the B9010, so I'm assuming the car is wired up only for a 9008 unit.

Just hoping someone would be able to take a look, and just confirm what I'm looking does seem to match the plugs I posted originally?

The small grey plug seems to be sensors, and the long white one seems to be for the reverse camera....

See my post above from oct 2019

Grey plug (top left) GPS antenna (HRS gt5-1s connector)

long white plug is the early 24 pin, what was only used for a short time

286365861_old90XXnavpinout.thumb.jpg.58b0558a6b297be16ddb7078fd5ff027.jpg

Ah okay thanks, I've actually not seen this. Yeah that explains them both then.

I might need to start looking around the boot to see if the other end of the loom is there for the camera.

Oem Cameras are 6v, and are standard NTSC Composite, not sure where the camera is on the corolla verso poss in the tailgate, if it never left the factory with a camera it will only have wiring from the radio to the A pillar/footwell

looking at the first pic in this thread, you also have the 20 pin as well (3 wires are steering wheel controls)

492733917_20pinrevcamtns510.thumb.jpg.3c9ef26ea8efbedbafdc62233c296fd3.jpg

Unless I'm being stupid and haven't listened or understood something you've already said, I Don't get this as I already have working steering wheel controls (used by another plug that is already going into the head unit).

But I think it's fair to say I probably won't have all the wiring already in place for a camera and the other sensors to be able to just swap in a navigation unit easily... so I'll probably not bother buying one off eBay (besides, the only one I think I can have is an old B9008... which I cannot find any available on eBay, only the B9010).

Thanks for the help anyway, much appreciated!

You have 2 plugs that do the same thing, the long 24 pin and the 20 pin, depending on what was fitted at the factory, depends what plugs ar fitted

IIrc the B9008 is the TNS600 these are getting on a bit and seem to be expensive

you can always fit an aftermarket camera cheaply

what do you currently have ?

Well up until a week ago, I had a Pioneer SPH-130DAB installed so I could use CarPlay.

I installed a DAB aerial but never actually put any cameras on it (the fear of having to open the car up to run loads of wires from one end to the other.

I started looking into how much work would be involved in trying to keep an 'OEM' upgrade to built in navigation... but it always seems that's a lot more work than just fitting anything aftermarket.

Oh plus, I switched back tot he factory head unit because I wanted to play CDs (retro).

Now I'm unsure on what would be the best option to have a built-in sat nav feature without the need for a phone (And a camera).

What would you do? Just get an aftermarket unit that can do it all? (CD, CarPlay, Nav, camera)

Just a thought, but would another model of unit fit and work in my car do you think?

I've come across this on eBay, granted it's from an Avensis, but the model could be slightly older than the factory TNS600 you mentioned, but the plugs on the back seem to be the same...

Is it fair to assume the size would still be a standard double din? What are your thoughts or opinions?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256037190580?hash=item3b9d017bb4:g:sjIAAOSw4vNkMVvG&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwGnah9QAdcEdA7gHBzTXCFxPiUZw0NSd7M3MxjU89I3jFVHxavF73ITEV8Sp%2BXYden6XVLc4oKy4N4rSBtruqLeQZBd3b2v8iFvGglJAfHWt%2BKyuBeUqEyLuCTZ0ERdHUAC0zqLUSowGoVExm1CRcv0%2F2XszTr1qxZ7MUmUDnBarupoOVcGJz8HAMH9tLVz67NnkITsANF8VSvHxHIJ%2BZPqCgRsSsASXy3P1kWPlA%2B6wV1k8j2OcBMvGCv2vlgh%2BYA%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR_Kq3_T4YQ

That will be a non-standard size

why did you remove the 130dab just because of no CD, rip the cd's down to mp3 on a USB stick or use a avd-usb cd drive

DA130dab can be upgraded to standalone nav but is not cheap you can use AA and AC with offline maps tho

what you're asking for is £500+

Yeah the cost doesn't bother me that much, there were some other things about the Pioneer I didn't like such as the microphone I had installed from an earlier Kenwood stopped working (as it needed to use an adapter to go from 3.5mm to 2.5mm - and it's the adapter I believe made it stop working).

If there was a built in sat nav into the 130DAB I'd keep it still to be honest.

I'm not sure to be honest. The reason I got that unit was because I stopped using CDs and streamed everything from my phone (and it had CarPlay, which is great).

But the cable attached to the phone also seemed to be dodgy if I went over any hard potholes or bumps, and it would shut CarPlay off. Sometimes it was unusable for a journey.

I'd like to try and get a wireless CarPlay head unit. That might make things a bit easier. But preferably with a 3.5mm mic jack so I don't need a little adapter. Just another possibility of a break in connection, and something to go wrong.

I suppose I could just replace the microphone with one with a 2.5mm jack on it...

I've tried looking for nav modules for the 130DAB but haven't found any.

iirc its the Avic-f260 (uses the yellow RGB plug)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-Navigationsmodul-AVIC-F260-2-alle-AVH-charcoal/dp/B01LB54ZSK

drop pioneer an email to confirm Edit. found it https://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/products/sph-da130dab/specifications

a lot of site state "Navigation Ready via optional AVIC-F260"

• Thanks 1

Ah thanks very much for that.

What I have purchased earlier this week to have another stab at using my 130DAB is the actual microphone that comes with it, and the genuine ND-BC8 reversing camera. Looking forward to installing those at the weekend now!