Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

car recall

m456an

My yaris has a car recall, would it be worth the bother....

Also if I do make a trip to the dealership how much would they charge for a smashed fog light. I only noticed after I bought the car that both fog lights where covered with black tape.

The manual says there are 3 Philips screws on a cover next to the wheel but it does not seem that simple.

Also how much would they charge for a gear oil change or I should leave it.

Depends what the recall is for. 

• Confused 1

Probably the air bag recall, ask for a quote for the jobs you want doing :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

I personally think all recalls are worthwhile, Toyota spend a small fortune getting cars in to do any recalls so they wouldn't do the recall if they considered it wasn't necessary and it's FOC to you as well. If you decide to have the job done that you are considering it can all be done at the same time, none of us can quote on the price on the work but the dealer can of course but remember it will only be a quote, if they hit complications it possibly may change a little once the work is done. You obviously love your car so as long as you can afford it personally i'd have it done. A polite word of warning Toyota spares can be very expensive and surprisingly so.

• Thanks 1

Maybe I can do the fog lights myself, and the gear change but I would need take off the 2 engine covers. There are some very cheap fog lights on eBay and maybe somebody can give me a link to the correct gear oil.

Is there any other service job that the dealer can do cheap.....if I take the car for recall might as well kill 2 birds with one stone.

Or a link to a fog light unit that works well.....

4 hours ago, m456an said:

Maybe I can do the fog lights myself, and the gear change but I would need take off the 2 engine covers. There are some very cheap fog lights on eBay and maybe somebody can give me a link to the correct gear oil.

Is there any other service job that the dealer can do cheap.....if I take the car for recall might as well kill 2 birds with one stone.

your car is over 5 years old so is eligible for the cheaper Essential Care - they were also doing an offer of an Essential Care service +MOT for  £99

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, m456an said:

Sorry! But there shall be no harming of any animals!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

your car is over 5 years old so is eligible for the cheaper Essential Care - they were also doing an offer of an Essential Care service +MOT for  £99

Yes it is cheap, but the mot maybe a little strict.

9 hours ago, m456an said:

but the mot maybe a little strict.

MOT standards should be the same nationwide.

3 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

MOT standards should be the same nationwide.

I took the avensis to an independent mot centre that do not do repairs, I can sit and watch them, while reading a newspaper. I got no advisories he even fixed a light switch in the boot. 

In another garage they make advisories into failures.

Even independent engineers who (accept cash and) make rapport can be very vague.

But I have booked the recall in a couple of weeks. As the wife is learning to drive and we have 2 babies so it is comforting that a new air bag is in the car, but more importantly one that works.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links