Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Both Tail Lights Out

Al Krotoff

Last night I got pulled over and the cop said my lights weren't on. But it turns out they were on, but both tail lights weren't on, just head lights. There was no warning light telling me that a light was out, which should be the case I think. My guess this an electrical problem, not just two lights burning out at the same time. Anybody had this happen to them? Thanks

Hi Al, welcome to TOC 🙂

The headlights were actually on not just daytime running lights? If they were (& you hadn't just forgotten to switch your lights on) I would start by checking the fuse.

Were your indicators/brake/reverse lights working OK?

A lot of cars don't have warning lights informing when an exterior light is non-functioning, and from a quick look at the owners manual, the Rav4 doesn't appear to. 

You should always do a daily check on lights and tyres .

Not had this problem personally but worked on a lot of electrical faults .it could be another of T hinge but check your bulbs are working , take the bulb holder out and check for any build up on contacts , check to see if 12v is there as it may be a different circuit if it isn't check fuse or relay, check earth etc..I'd person ally see if any fault codes are coming up then eliminate one by one

Jay

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links