Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Correct battery for stop-start yaris

Roger1966

Hi, first post as daughter just bought a 2010 1.33 yaris so any help would be great.  I put car straight back into warranty with Toyota luckily as power steering light has started flashing and its stalled a couple of times when changing down which has freaked her out as she has just passed her test. I've noticed idle is a bit low & lumpy sometimes when warm. Main dealer scratched their head, tested Battery and said to try replacing that as it was "a bit weak". Stop start was working at that point. Picked it up Friday and light is still flashing and stop-start is no longer working. It's going back in tomorrow but I wonder if they have fitted correct Battery as it was only £86 (which seems very cheap for a Toyota battery) and it does not say stop start on it unlike old one. I attach a pic of the new battery's label - any ideas if this is correct one or what problem might be? Cheers folks.

DSCF3490.JPG

I think all you can do is to see what the dealer comes back with. The stop/start on the 1.33 doesn't always work as you might expect because the system monitors a lot of variables to decide whether or not the conditions are OK for it to cut in or not.

The numbers on the Battery do relate to Toyota part numbers as far as I can tell but whether its a genuine Toyota part or a 'generic' replacement I couldn't say. If there are issues on the move (warning lights, poor idle) then it suggests something else is going on tbh. See what they come back with.

Thanks Morley, I think it's a genuine part, just whether it's the right one as Halfords etc quote £140 for a start stop Battery for Yaris, maybe I got a rare bargain! Thanks again

• 2 months later...

Hi Roger,

Do you have any updates for us on this? I have the same car and it would be useful to know this for when the Battery needs replacing.

Hi, thanks for asking, the idle was a faulty EGR valve fixed under extended warranty (so that was my £350 back twice over!) and the intermittent power steering light was down to the insurance black box. The stop start is barely working compared to previous Battery but as daughter is new driver it's not really a problem, I do keep meaning to email Toyota direct to check and will update if I get anything. Back, would recommend the warranty though, just had aircon fixed under it too. They are giving two mots with it now so that's worth £100 as well

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links