Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HELP: MY13 Auxiliary Lamp installation

Oneminde

Hello.

I have a MY13 Avensis with bi-xenon and want to install auxiliary led bar, but have no clue were the relay or connections to the high beam for connecting it to the existing system is located. Does anyone have an answer ?

Oneminde

No high beam with bi xenon, it’s a motorized flap that gives you more light when you switch on high beams, you might find a ‘high beam’ fuse in the fuse box that you could tap into 

3 minutes ago, Taxi501 said:

No high beam with bi xenon, it’s a motorized flap that gives you more light when you switch on high beams, you might find a ‘high beam’ fuse in the fuse box that you could tap into 

Hi. Yes I am aware of that :) - It is this signal that I want to tap into and use as trigger for the relay. I was thinking last night while laying in bed that maybe, position 49/50, but will check.

Position 49/50 is the xenon bulb/ballast. So that is not it.

Need to measure at the connector which cable is connected to the motor.

Instead of looking for the fuse maybe try looking for the main beam relay

I could, but I'll just go for the standard splicing on the cable. :)

17 minutes ago, Taxi501 said:

R11 / R12 is the AFS system. I have AFS which is the cornering light. The only high beam in the list is fuse 49/50 (on my car which is the fuse for the ballast). I don't get it, how difficult can it be to locate a relay...

Thanks for the help so far

AFS for does who does not know: http://www.toyota-myanmar.com/innovation/safety-technology/safety-technology-2/safety-technology-3/radar-cruise-control-2/intelligent-adaptive-front-lighting-system-afs

There we go. Talked to a technician. The High beam relay is located inside the housing. So, between the switch and the high beam is essentially only wires and I will presume the fuses.