Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Start battery keeps going empty

Mikeni

Have recently started getting an anoying problem. The 12V start Battery keeps getting empty every night. What you do think is taking all the energy out?

This all started after I opened the car by using the manual key. All the alarms in the car got off and the next day I wasn't able to start the car before loading the 12V start Battery. Yesterday I drove about 100 miles but wasn't able to start it today either since the Battery was empty.

Tnx for help

If a lead acid Battery gets discharged completely, it's likely going to suffer hugely from the experience. Even if the Battery didn't need replacing before, it's probably best to now.

As a rule of thumb, 12V lead acid batteries would benefit from replacement after 3 years or so, depending on a lot of factors.

Assuming you haven't wired anything directly to a permanent hot fuse or Battery, it's most likely battery age. How old is it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, TheProfessor said:

If a lead acid battery gets discharged completely, it's likely going to suffer hugely from the experience. Even if the battery didn't need replacing before, it's probably best to now.

As a rule of thumb, 12V lead acid batteries would benefit from replacement after 3 years or so, depending on a lot of factors.

Assuming you haven't wired anything directly to a permanent hot fuse or battery, it's most likely battery age. How old is it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

No idea actually. Just bought the car. Problably old. Shows 12.1V when I test it. 

Is it a factory original Battery? If its from 2006 as your sig details that's lasted quite well 🙂

12.1v should be enough to put the Prius into ready mode. I would charge the Battery with a Battery charger/conditioner (4 Amps max) overnight and see how it goes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links