Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New rims!!!!

MfWic

Hi Guys

I have a set of the original 16" 5-spoke rims that came standard with the car.

I want to change to rims to 17" for various reasons:

1. Tires are cheaper than 16"
  2. More options for tires and rims
  3. Fill the wheel well a bit better

I looked at a few rims, but I like the 5-spoke more than a multi-spoke. It just fits the car better, IMO.

What can you recommend? The idea is to keep the tire profile the same, so as not to lose any comfort, but it isn't set in stone. Any advise or suggestions or pics of what you did maybe?

Oh yeah, I want to keep it the light grey colour as the car is Champagne and I don't think black or polished mags would really fit it.

Cheers

Hi Eben, welcome to TOC 🙂

Are you sure that your 2.2 D4D originally came on 16"? My 2007 2.2 D4D came on 17" & I know that you can't run a T27 2.2 D4D on 16" because  of the size of the front brakes.

I don't know where you are but at least here in the UK you have to take the effect of the changes of tyre radius/profile on speedometer readings into account. 

Hi Scott

Yeah my 2.2 has 16". It's the T25. I'll post a photo a bit later on.

I'm from South Africa. The car's true speed is a little less than that of the speedo, so by going bigger it should (theoretically) bring the 2 values closer together.

2 minutes ago, MfWic said:

Hi Scott

Yeah my 2.2 has 16". It's the T25. I'll post a photo a bit later on.

I'm from South Africa. The car's true speed is a little less than that of the speedo, so by going bigger it should (theoretically) bring the 2 values closer together.

"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me." - Moog

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links