Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Warning Light - P1346

NickDJ

Good afternoon,

I've had the engine light on for some a few months and the car appears to drive fine.  However, with the new MOT rules the light needs to be off.  The garage managed to clear the light saying it was an 'unspecified code', however, a cheap ODBII tool is coming up with the code P1346.

I can clear the code by unplugging the batter over night, or by using the ODBII dongle.  The code suggests something about the VVT Sensor but I'm unsure where on my Mk1 1.3 Yaris it is and how easy to check/replace.

Anyone got any suggestions?  

Hi, try checking the Crankshaft Oil Control Valve (OCV) connector. I think it's on front right as you look from front of engine, attached to cylinder head.

• Like 1

It might be a dodgy OBDII reader.  Apparently the cheap ones give incorrect timing errors so I'm not worrying about it too much.  I now get the light on without an error code.  I can clear the light but it eventually comes back on so I think it's a loose wire or something.

I'll have another look for something like the following:  https://goo.gl/images/AzJ5Ty

Hi, The OCV controls the VVT. In your own words, "it a loose wire or something", if you don't want to heed the advice, don't bother asking.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links