Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cambelt is sitting really far forwards towards the motor

Jzx90

Hi there I’m a new member my car just had the cambelt water pump and some hks cam gears fitted and replaced I got a 2jz water pump to delete the hydro factory water pump and I’m having a issue with my cam belt sitting towards the motor on the cam gear I’m not sure what could cause this so I’m trying to get any info I can if anyone has had the same problem 

69B4220D-C606-4C58-A642-88655725490F.jpeg

E536CC95-771A-4BFC-8F9C-BB2F449FDB42.png

F53717D3-E904-4635-8E5C-077A6109A8E0.jpeg

4E004DB7-4E32-470D-9640-5937AD2C7A5B.jpeg

" my car just had the cambelt water pump and some hks cam gears fitted and replaced I got a 2jz water pump to delete the hydro factory water pump "

Maybe you've answered your own question? Is it the same on all the pulleys. eg. the crankshaft?

Hi, why don't you fit the old parts back on and see how the cambelt fits then maybe leaving the water pump until last to look after the gasket to diagnose which of the non OE parts you have fitted is causing the problem? What are hks cam gears after market fancy ones?

Mike.

They are genuine hks adjustable cam gears and hks cam belt I can’t imagine that they are causing the problem as a lot of people fit them I just think the person who has fitted them has made a mistake the factory water pump had to go as it had never been changed im just wondering if anyone else has come across this before with any knowledge or ideas of what would cause it to happen it’s going back to the shop tomorrow just trying to get more info on what’s gone wrong 

This was how they sat after being all fitted then creeped backwards and I only noticed as I had a clear cam cover I installed 

C44CEA49-3F3B-4FD6-9DB7-752E3D3EB97D.jpeg

This is how the original set up was before cambelt cam gear water pump replacement 

2B3E0E48-1663-4A57-8BE5-AB6EB238A64D.jpeg

Thanks mike I’ll pass this on to my mechanic I had a few other mechanics say the same thing and looked up some other forum that’s had the same problem with a 2jz and it was a wobly tensioner pully and his was pulling towards the motor like my car has been also so I have a couple things now that could cause this also timing and everything was done car was running fine before I noticed so the motor isn’t damaged 

• Like 1

Hi Mark

Have you had the tensioner changed too, I recommend you do if you haven't already, nice looking customising parts by the way.

Good luck, Mike.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good job you are having it all redone, It certainly needs it!

Mike.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links