Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Radio Speakers

Colourd

On my 2006 Corolla D4D the driver side Speakers have not worked since I have had the car

Standard Toyota radio, nearside Speakers work

Is there a easy solution / common problem with the Speakers / radio  ??

just sold my own 06. to be honest i found the standers Speakers horrible and have been in more of the same cars and taught the same. better off buying aftermarket Speakers but make sure and buy the mounting frame for them off eBay or something. otherwise fitting them is a pain in the h**e

16 minutes ago, Nauxcorolla said:

just sold my own 06. to be honest i found the standers speakers horrible and have been in more of the same cars and taught the same. better off buying aftermarket speakers but make sure and buy the mounting frame for them off ebay or something. otherwise fitting them is a pain in the h**e

Thanks

Thing is I thought perhaps there might be an  issue thing with the radio, or wiring or Speakers

mite be. in my own one the drivers side speaker stopped working but it ended up that it had just blown 

Ok, that's encouraging, thank you,  as its better than thinking its a radio or wiring issue

Which Speakers did you put in?

A relatively easy check is to swap the  Speakers across. If the driver's side is still silent then it's most likely wiring. Touch a pp3 Battery briefly across the terminals of each speaker with it out of the door, and it should give a pop. If not, you  have a blown speaker.

Have you tried jiggling the wiring where it goes across to the door? It's been flexing there for 12 years!

I've read a few folks saying they dislike the original Speakers and head unit, but I don't have a problem with mine. Good enough for learning songs while covering the miles, anyway.