Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Power for dashcam , 2014 Yaris Excel hybrid

bill.belfield

Where's the best place to pick up a 12v feed to power a Nextbase power supply for a front screen mounted Dashcam.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi Bill. I piggy backed mine off of a switched live feed from the fuse box using a hard wire kit from eBay. Bob

Unless you particularly need the lighter socket why not just use that? That’s what I’ve done with mine and hiddenthe cable under the centre console trim, run it behind the glovebox with a couple of tie wraps and up the passenger side a pillar.

4 hours ago, Steve Whits said:

Unless you particularly need the lighter socket why not just use that? That’s what I’ve done with mine and hiddenthe cable under the centre console trim, run it behind the glovebox with a couple of tie wraps and up the passenger side a pillar.

1 potential reason not to is that if you have a Dashcam with a parking mode then it won't work because the lighter socket will be off when the car is.

On 7/7/2018 at 11:38 PM, Heidfirst said:

1 potential reason not to is that if you have a dashcam with a parking mode then it won't work because the lighter socket will be off when the car is.

I understand that and I am happy to have mine switched off with the engine.  The only reason I would have hard wired mine would be if I wanted to use parking mode. I just pointed out an alternative to hard wiring.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links