Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear 3rd brake light/ center brake light change

jayt13

Thanks for the prompt reply and for the eBay link. Did search myself before but to no avail.

Have gone for the eBay item as  it means I will still have a spare led unit if needed.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought a second hand from the scrapyard for my wife's yaris ( 12-2015), i went to the dealer for its MOT ( APK overhere in the Netherlands ) 2 ledlights were broke and needed a new one 😬 the quoted me for € 194 i didn't let them change it and bought one for € 55 including shipping to me and changed it my self .

The new MOT was for free and oyeah the changed the steeringwheel airbag for free 😁

• 2 years later...
On 7/7/2018 at 7:46 PM, Devon Aygo said:

As the lamp is a sealed unserviceable LED unit it is covered under the 5 year/100,000 mile Toyota warranty if it fails, so perhaps give your local dealer a call.

Good afternoon,

I know this is an old topic.  Mine has failed after the 5 year warranty period had expired for the 2014 Toyota Yaris Sport.  I have continued doing the service at Toyota and have opted for the Toyota Relax.  Would the Toyota Relax 'extended warranty' cover such an instance please?  Many thanks in advance. 

Doubtful and reading what is covered in "Electrical" is listed.

"Starter Motor; Alternator; Coils; wiper Motors; Washer Pump Motors; Turn Signal Relay;
Heater Fan Motor; Horn; Manually Operated Switches; Airbag Spiral cable; Electronic
Ignition Unit; Relays; Heated Screen Elements; On-Board Computer (Trip Computer);
Window Motors/Regulators; Power Window Switch; Mirror Motors; Remote Controls in
Keys; Central Locking Solenoids; Airbag Sensors; Central Lock Control Unit; Internal Light
Delay Unit; Gauges; Clocks; Speedometer & Speed Sensor; Tachometer; Wiring Looms
(for short circuit); Electric Seat Motors; Cigarette Lighters; Sensors; Heated Seat
Elements; Alarms (Toyota Genuine only); Headlamp Lift Motors; Spark Plug Leads; ECU’s
and software reprogramming (except for DTC erasure only)"

Mine failed soon after the 5 years warranty period and prepare yourself for a ridiculously high price (about £100 then) for a "genuine" replacement.

I purchased a cheapo copy off that well known auction site which has lasted, to date, for four years.

Fortunately it's an easy job. On my Mk3 (pre facelift) there's an internal plastic cover to remove, two spring clips and a power supply plug.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slartybartfast said:

I purchased a cheapo copy off that well known auction site which has lasted, to date, for four years.

Will you provide a link please? I stripped the innards out of mine when it failed and used a strip of LEDs, it's not quite as bright.

pre or post-facelift, I assume it's the LED type

edit. 81570-0D151 or 81570-0D152 (2014-2020)

As an Icon that would make it a facelift car

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324163905794

TYC aftermarket ones (15-0747-00-2) are around £80 - £100 but shipped from Europe which can be 2-3 weeks wait

if you have a meter check for 12v at the connector with the brake pedal pressed, first

LED wise if you want to diy it iirc they are 5050 PLCC , Kingbright produces some good quality leds

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 1:15 PM, bathtub tom said:

Will you provide a link please? I stripped the innards out of mine when it failed and used a strip of LEDs, it's not quite as bright.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393896703446

This is where I purchased from. However, it was £49 delivered in 2020. Compared to over £100 then for a "genuine" item. Slightly elevated in price now!

A lot of prices have rocketed in the last 18 months with the price not far off oem