Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After my first service

AvensisWales

Hi Guys, 

I'm hoping someone can give me a little guidance?

My Avensis has just come back from its 10,000 mile service this morning.

I checked the oil level before it went for colour and depth, it was black and dead on the full line. I've checked it again now it's back home and it's still black (more black than I'd expect) and the level is totally covering the red plastic on the stick. I've done it several times on totally level ground (as before) but it is definitely over the plastic.

I've also looked very closely at the plastic cap for the oil filter. For the life of me, I can't see any sign whatsoever that it has been removed. There is no disturbed dust and oil or cleaner marks on the cap or running down the side of the engine. It's as clean/dirty as it went in.

The service sheet is ticked off as oil and filter changed.

Am I expecting too much or can I suspect, no oil and filter changed, and over filled ?

Also when I collected my car, the brand new service book had been folded in half leaving a crease and oily finger marks over it, is this also normal and to be expected? The service lady showed me the folder they keep peoples' service books in, it was totally scrunched up and looking nasty.

Thanks for advice.

If you can gain access, take a good look at the oil filter cannister, to see if they changed that. If that's new, then it's most likely they did a complete oil change.

10,000 mile service? Is this perhaps a later model than the 2012 shown?.

The later 2.00 diesel with the BMW engine does show very black oil almost immediately after it is changed I guess that as you refer to the red plastic on the dipstick you have this car?.

I also understand that you must not overfill the oil on this model as it can cause problems, mine went into a different dealer with engine noise after a service and they had to drain some oil off to stop it.

Hi,

Sorry, 2016, changed car since joining, now adjusted on my profile.

I think the level is OK. It seems the red plastic deposits lots of oil on the tube as its drawn out, so gives a false reading showing over full. I cleaned the stick again and left it out the engine for an hour or so and then dipped again, just once! It showed full, but not over full. Stupid design !!

The oil is still very black and looks old, but unless I took it to a lab, I'll never know. 

The service book now looks old, folded and oil finger prints. Is it normal to to have your service book back like this?

As regards the service book, no it isn't normal to have the book back creased and oil stained. I'd have a moan about it to the service manager.

For diesel, unlike petrol, it's normal to have oil colored black soon after it's changed.

The dipstick is stupid even on my auris. You can read it on 1st try, after that it pick up residue oil from the tube even if the car is sitting for a day.

I did complain quite a bit about my book to the service people. One of them just simply walked off and the other just kept on talking about the work done and moving froward with HIS conversation about my car and it's recall for the EGR valve. I'm considering ring head UK office? 

This is the second Toyota garage I've used locally as the last one dented my car while it was have a health check before I sold it on last year! I don't think South Wales is a good area for Toyota main dealers? The local attitudes seem to be just as prevalent at work as they are at home. Maybe I need to go to Bristol or Gloucester (bigger towns)

Should I let them do the EGR real work or take my car elsewhere???

What should I do? 

If you have any concerns with your dealer, take it up with the DEALER. I don't want to sound harsh but if you ring Toyota GB they will refer you back to the dealer. Take it up with the Aftersales manager and if that does not work, speak to the Dealer Principle. The service book should not be covered in oil, that is shoddy, take it up directly with the manager :thumbsup:

I've sent this email to the dealer:-

Hello,

I picked up my Avensis on Tuesday morning after a service. I was very unhappy about the condition of my service book when it was presented to me at the service desk. The book had been folded in half, creased and had oil finger prints over the back and front. I complained a few times to the guy at the desk and the lady that had originally served me. The lady showed me the scrunched up Poly Pocket they keep the books in, then simply walked off as soon as I started to complain and the Man just kept on talking about the recall for the EGR valve on my car. I've sat on this for a few days now, and I've decoded it really is out of order. If I came into your showroom, sat on a chair in service and picked some stitches out of the seat I was in, you'd go mad and charge me for the damage. So why is it you feel it's OK to deface my service book? I'd like a reply on this matter. I'd also like to cancel my Wednesday booking to have my EGR valve fixed in your garage. Please reply, Thank you.

2 hours ago, AvensisWales said:

I did complain quite a bit about my book to the service people. One of them just simply walked off and the other just kept on talking about the work done and moving froward with HIS conversation about my car and it's recall for the EGR valve. I'm considering ring head UK office? 

This is the second Toyota garage I've used locally as the last one dented my car while it was have a health check before I sold it on last year! I don't think South Wales is a good area for Toyota main dealers? The local attitudes seem to be just as prevalent at work as they are at home. Maybe I need to go to Bristol or Gloucester (bigger towns)

Should I let them do the EGR real work or take my car elsewhere???

What should I do? 

I use FRF Toyota in Bridgend South Wales and have for the last 8 years , never had a problem with this dealership and the staff are brill .

Well lets hope they don't fold and oil your service book like mine then. The girl on the service desk 'seemed' OK on the Monday, but Tuesday when I complained, not so much, she just walked off. Maybe I had the special new customer service, and they only give good service after a few years?

They are now ordering me a new service book and sending it all over the country to get it stamped by the original garage etc! Toyota UK head office said it was unexceptable and the staff should have jumped on it when I raised the issue.

I've canceled my recall EGR valve with this dealership and I'll try another Main dealer, third time lucky I may get the service I expect from Toyota, fingers crossed.

Toyota UK said I can get the recall work done in any UK Toyota.

2 hours ago, AvensisWales said:

Well lets hope they don't fold and oil your service book like mine then. The girl on the service desk 'seemed' OK on the Monday, but Tuesday when I complained, not so much, she just walked off. Maybe I had the special new customer service, and they only give good service after a few years?

They are now ordering me a new service book and sending it all over the country to get it stamped by the original garage etc! Toyota UK head office said it was unexceptable and the staff should have jumped on it when I raised the issue.

I've canceled my recall EGR valve with this dealership and I'll try another Main dealer, third time lucky I may get the service I expect from Toyota, fingers crossed.

Toyota UK said I can get the recall work done in any UK Toyota.

I have always found them good but do see your concerns