Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help with 04 Avensis Headlights

scuba_steve_flipflop

Hi all, Im Steve from New Zealand. Just joined up to the club as im having some trouble with my headlights (Only problem so far, other than that its been a great purchase!)

Ive noticed my main dip lights have gone very dim and are more or less useless for night time driving. Hoping its just the bulbs (ive attached a photo) so i'd like to try replacing them first. I cant seem to find any photos similar on the internet so just wondering is this the Original Koito bulb and can i replace it with an Osram H7 bulb or does it have to be the same thing with four black prongs?? it doesnt have to be Osram but ive seen them recommended on other threads (In advance im sorry for being a noobert humperdink im just figuring this all out).

Secondly one of my park/side lights has died and the other is flickering so im needing to replace them. Hoping this is just a sign that all of the bulbs are getting towards the end of their life and not a sign that there is something far more sinister (and expensive) at play.

If you have any advice on the dip beam bulbs, potential problems and solutions or even where/how i should post in the future I would be very appreciative! :)

Many thanks, Steve.

20180711_092931.jpg

Doesn’t the bulb pull out of the 4 pronged holder?

Well this is a little bit embarrassing lol. I outta give myself a slap... I was being delicate not knowing much about it. In hindsight im sure it does.. will pull it back out tomorrow :blush: Thanks!

Hey Steve from NZ - I'm Maria from NZ also - I have the same problem with the lights - they're so dim I could run a sheep over easily!

Now it makes me want to see if I can get brighter bulbs thanks to your post.  Will keep you updated!  My park lights were dead for my last wof and a bulb replaced it - could be a loose connection too - the lights are a pain to change.

Good luck Scuba_Steve

4 hours ago, MariaC said:

Hey Steve from NZ - I'm Maria from NZ also - I have the same problem with the lights - they're so dim I could run a sheep over easily!

Now it makes me want to see if I can get brighter bulbs thanks to your post.  Will keep you updated!  My park lights were dead for my last wof and a bulb replaced it - could be a loose connection too - the lights are a pain to change.

I owned two of these Avensis (2005 T25's) and both had poor headlights, especially dipped beam.  I upgraded the dipped bulbs to brighter ones in my second car and it bettered them a bit but not immensely - maybe 10-20% better.  I can't remember which brand I chose but I think it was Osram Nightbreakers.  I actually removed the bulbs when I sold the car and I have them in the garage - will check and post back.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links