Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car "pulls" in P - Hybrid

gabemc1

Hi guys. 

2018 Yaris Hybrid. 

I notice a strange behaviour, which happened twice so far. When I start the car in the morning, it first starts on electric. While I was putting my stuff away, the ICE started and I could hear the breaks "squeaking" for a second, as if it was trying to go forward ( all this in P). I released the Handbrake ( to check if it's actually pulling forward) and there was nothing at all. Anybody else noticed this weird thing?

Thanks,

Gabe. 

There is a bit of transmission 'slop' in the P position and when the engine starts it can take up some of the slack and thus pull the transmission through a few degrees of rotation and this will give a judder you have noticed.

Thanks! I thought it became faulty after just 600 miles on the clock... All good then 🙂

Sitting in a parking bay with the system running, if the engine starts up, the car rocks as if someone behind has shunted us!

First time that happened, I was ready to open the door and check who'd hit me. 😀

Mick.