Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Touch and Go 2

Cowdenite

Noticed when that the sat nav display screen on our 2016 Hybrid Excel is often slow to initialise. It doesn’t seem to know where it is i.e car is not shown on a road often in a field  and I’m often told I’m speeding when I’m not. Everything works fine after about 30 to 60 secs. Maybe it takes a while to acquire satellite signal. This has never happened with other cars. 

Does this happen to anyone else’s car or is there a software problem? Below is software and map ID INFO.

Thanks for any help.

Brian

AC7C475C-2D5F-453B-96AC-0715AB1A6CBB.thumb.jpeg.8592b7bc1d9da59ac4a99f04a6b6640d.jpeg

My old car used to say when I went to the local supermarket that I was in a field, it was built within the last 2 years but the car was older. The dealer told me I needed a map update that only they can do, it's not cheap, I hope that helps. Mike.

Hi, maybe just a bit slow to pick up the GPS signal. There is a GPS antenna behind the unit and it may have come loose, it should be positioned about 9"-12" away from head unit.

There are updates for your car as the latest version is now 6.11.0WL & 2018v1 as you have a later car with later software you may get free updates via the estore in MyToyota.

Also if you press Audio information on that screen what version software is shown ?

Thanks for the replies. As requested by Devon Aygo the Audio version software isXE3934 and model ID is 13TXDAEU-CA02.

BRIAN

On 7/13/2018 at 8:23 AM, Cowdenite said:

Thanks for the replies. As requested by Devon Aygo the Audio version software isXE3934 and model ID is 13TXDAEU-CA02.

BRIAN

Ok so the headunit software is up to date

The Navigation is due an update to version 6.11.0wl

Bare in mind there will be some lag on start up as the headunit is effectively a computer which boots everytime the car is switched on. Do you know if the navigation was fitted at factory or by the dealer before delivery? as the dealer may not have placed the GPS antenna correctly causing the initial delay or locating errors.

Re the speeding warning, is this the nav being out of date where a road has changed speed limit as th update to version 1 2018 maps may correct this?

Thanks, I’ll think about updating it.

brian

I took the plunge and went to My Toyota e store where I downloaded free map update (seems to be free it car is under 3 year old). Unzipped the files to a USB stick plugged the stick into the car USB Socket and it seemed to update no bother. Won’t really know until I go somewhere where things have changed.

Thanks to everyone who has commented and helped.

Brian