Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Estima generations

Paulscarbs

A forum thread for owners of, and those interested in, the Japanese Toyota Estima.

Great idea, Paul......I'm in.:thumbup1:

A sub-forum to the Toyota MPV club has been set up for the Estima - https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/forum/209-toyota-estima-forum/

The same was done for the Alphard a few weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

Hello

Missing being able to post on the old club already. Missing the word games and 3 word story. Are there any of those here ?

Michael

There is the following

• Like 1

Hello

Presently I have a mk2 Estima Aeras, unfortunately 2 weeks ago on the way to our old clubs agm, I broke down on the A34 towing my folding Gobur Carousel caravan. Aeras needs a new engine and radiator. Estima had to be piggy backed home on a transporter from the RAC.  I have been using hire cars for 2 weeks, goes back on monday. This last week I went to look at 2 motors, one a mk3 06 Estima Aeras, which I struggled to get in. I'd driven 110 miles each way to view. Then I went to look at another a mk2 03 Estima Aeras, which I liked very much, I collect it next friday, looking forward to driving it.

Michael

Hope all goes well for you, Michael...I'm sure you are looking forward to Friday.!!:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Good to know your getting another Estima Michael. Friday will soon come round, good luck with it mate. I to miss the old club but life goes on as the saying goes.😊

• Like 1

Hello

Yes I have the 03 Aeras now. It has options on it the W reg 2000 model did not have, but no 4WD. So far so good. I have put a new 4 year Battery in HBC005. Going to have a spare key made as it only came with one. Nice clean motor inside and out. Estima has been converted to read in MPH and ODO reads in miles. Came with all original books and service record mostly in Japanese. Also has original Japan fitted radio, most of it in Japanese, unfortunately does not pick up the radio stations I normally use, so on Thursday Halfords are putting the Pioneer DAB 3100 AVH that they put in my last Estimas, which will end up being used as a donor vehicle for the 03 Estima and my local mechanic is transfering over the tow bar so I can tow my Gobour Carousel.

Michael

Good to hear, Michael...I'm sure you'll enjoy the new Esti.:thumbup1:

• Like 2

would be great to get more Estima owners here. 

2 hours ago, Steve said:

would be great to get more Estima owners here. 

I agree, Steve.....and I think the imported Toyota Esti/Alphard et al ownership is growing in the UK as peeps recognise just what great vehicles they are and what great value they represent...but of course it's still low numbers in comparison with the main stream vehicles.

I guess too that there is still a reluctance /fear in buying an imported model ...but, in truth, there are few, if any,  negatives.

8 hours ago, HedgeCutter said:

Hello

Yes I have the 03 Aeras now. It has options on it the W reg 2000 model did not have, but no 4WD. So far so good. I have put a new 4 year battery in HBC005. Going to have a spare key made as it only came with one. Nice clean motor inside and out. Estima has been converted to read in MPH and ODO reads in miles. Came with all original books and service record mostly in Japanese. Also has original Japan fitted radio, most of it in Japanese, unfortunately does not pick up the radio statios I normally use, so on Thursday Halfords are putting the Pioneer DAB 3100 AVH that they put in my last Estimas, which will end up being used as a donor vehicle for the 03 Estima and my local mechanic is transfering over the tow bar so I can tow my Gobour Carousel.

Michael

That's good you've got the Estima Michael good luck with.

• Like 1

Hello

The insurance was £93. more than the W reg Estima to around £390. Halfords put a stick on windscreen DAB aerial ( I was sceptical wether it would work), but it does. Only time will tell if it falls off if screen gets too hot, or I  lose reception. The 4 cameras don't work yet, Halfords are getting another lead for that and to make use of the steering wheel controls too.

Michael

Insurance doesn't often go down Michael mines about the £350 mark. My car came with two stick on windscreen aerials they've not been a problem in the two and a half years I've had the motor. Let's hope they can get the cameras to work.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

Update to camera's

I have been back and forth to Halfords to try and get at least the rear camera working. Been through several sets of connection leads, nothing has worked so far. The last kit they ordered in was for an Estima 2007, so it was understandable that was not going to work. The people supplying these leads do not seem to make one for the mk2 Estima, unles anyone knows otherwise ?

The radio I have is a Pioneer AVH-A3100DAB. The steering wheel controls work, not front factory fitted cameras, nor rear factory fitted rear camera. The bluetooth for mobile very good as is the DAB reception through the windscreen mount aerial. Just the cameras to sort out. I will hang onto the Japanese head unit that came with the car and if I could one day get it converted, I may go back to it.

Michael

Hello

Thank you Steve, I will look them up and ask the question.

Michael