Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Con Condensor

tarantula_123

Hi all, 

I am replacing my air con condenser in conjunction with a second hand working compressor I have got, but was wondering which brand the actual condenser is on the OEM Toyota part? I rang Toyota and they said they don't know, as they are all just stamped as Toyota.

The three main brands I am looking at are Nissens, NRF or Denso. Any suggestions, info, links for sale on which condenser is best for the T - Sport?

Thanks.

Hi,

I recently fitted one of these , comes with 2 year warranty, though not sure if your 1.8  has the same condenser.

https://www.autoairconparts.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=16-9933-23821+

You will need to order the O rings as well, a mixed pack.

Though the pipe connectors were the same, found the fitting clips etc needed a bit of work to get it in properly.

Also you might find when removing the fans and tilting the water radiator back I found  traces of a leak on it as well !  actually got a good price /discount offer from ECP for a new one, in stock locally.

Thinking of recharging it yourself ?  -- would say forget it,   get a proper recharge with one of the  bigger garages or as I did a local  mobile recharge service, again with a proper recharge machine that will put the correct oil in and do a proper leak test etc. currently around  £50

Do you have a link for the fitting clips?

Also, do you know if there is any need to purchase and add any PAG oil before getting somebody to come and recharge the system ? Of course I plan to fit both compressor/condenser myself,  then take it to a garage to vacuum extract any air in the system and perform a recharge. I may even consider a mobile air conditioning technician to come and do it at my house if prices are reasonable.

Thanks.

Hi,

The two upper mounting clips and two lower rubbers come with the condenser, I had to slightly reform the clips to get them to fit under the fixed front crossmember of the car and had to reduce the thickness of the rubbers slightly.

The recharge will also include oil for the  R134, but not sure about the compressors oil reserve;  seems a vague subject as to how much to put ..?  have not had anything done to mine .

Sounds like you need these as well as they are critical to a good seal

001008.jpg

Rang Toyota today to get the oem part number for the condenser for matching purposes online, which was apparently 8845002140.

I have scoured the internet and cannot find any matching this oem part number. Has anybody had any experience with this? There are plenty with the oem code ending in 150, but the Toyota parts department said there would be multiple codes come up for my vehicle if available. The part itself is just under £300, which is far too expensive for a condenser.

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links