Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Would you buy?

rodduz

Hi all,

Would you buy a 2005, 2.0 Avensis, with 224k on the clock. Previously a sales reps car. Lots of Toyota service history and more recently independent service history. Belt ans water pump was done on 178k...

Thanks in advance

Rod

Is that in miles or km? If km then the timing belt and waterpump could be at the end of their lifespan. The replacement is a bit tricky but nothing close to how German cars have it so it shouldn't be too expensive.

If that's the 1CD-FTV engine then it's a good buy if all other systems are in good shape. These engines are known to run for a looong time with basic maintenance and don't really have anything wrong with them (as opposed to AD engines known for head gaskets).

Of course, as with any car purchase, make sure you actually drive the car in multiple different conditions, put it through its paces.

Also take a look at the service history, see if anything major was done and who did it. Off the top of my head, has the airbag system been replaced at the dealership? There was a recall starting in 2015 I think. If it hasn't then you should be able to book the time at dealers free of charge. You can run the car's VIN through the Toyota recall checker.

One can also check the MOT history of any vehicle provided one knows the reg.no. - https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history - which can help verify the mileage and shows what fails have occurred.

Hi thanks. Checked the mot history. That mileage in in miles. It's the 2.0 d4d engine. I think it's the one that didn't have as many head gasket issues. Belt has been changed twice in its life time. Die again in about 14000 miles

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have 07 model with timing chain, it now has 620 km on clock, never had a days trouble, if it were me I would go the extra mile for a timing chain model !  Seemingly by all reports the best Toyota ever made ,   !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links