Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is it possible to fit a later (2004) bumper?

Mike Gamble

We have a 2002 RAV4 which has had a ding on one corner and cracked both the lenses in the bumper.

A friend just happens to have the later/facelift bumper with the round lenses and I was wonder if it would physically fit (it looks identical?) and are the electrics easy to sort out as I’m guessing the wiring to the lenses will be different? 

I can't honestly say for definite they would both be the same fit, but in my experience's with Avensis mk1 type I think there was differences in the bumper fit of the first type and the slightly facelifted version of 2001year. I would think it would not be a straight swap. but sure take ur friends bumper off their car first and try to compare the two by having a look if possible at ur own. 

Mind as the indicators moved from the bumper lamps on the pre facelift up into the headlamps in the post facelift so you would have to swap the headlamps and harness's or rewire also make sure the donor matches yours in terms of with/without arch extensions

Ah, not as simple as I hoped!

My friend also has the headlights from his 2004 which I can have if needed but, although powering the bumper lights would be easy, I can see that the loom for the later headlights would be a real problem? 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links