Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air con

phillev

Just wanted some opinions from others on the Aircon in the Aygo during this hot spell and has anyone needed a regas yet? Cheers.

Find mine quite good. We keep our air con on the whole time which should reduce the need for a re-gas. Bear in mind that the second generation uses the new HFO-1234yf air con gas, so re-gassing will be more expensive.

Frosty.... why does keeping the air con all the time reduce the need for recharging.

Keeps the seals lubricated. If you don't want it on all the time, use at least weekly throughout the year. Simpler for us just to keep it on, which we do on both cars.

mines good. haven't had the need for re-gas. Tend not to use it on short journeys as the constant opening and closing of doors doesn't help keep the interior cool.  

I've found mine to be ok but I find the outside vents are hard to get in a facial position and the central one next to useless, I notice on mine sometimes when I first turn it on I hear a little gurgling noise from just behind the dash for a second and it then goes away everything seems to be working though and the air through the vents is very cold.

I've always had to regas the yaris I used to have, but the two Aygos I've never had to regas and that was because of regular use. The Yaris I bought second hand so I don't think the owner used the air con at all.

My 2014 Aygo air con doesn't feel as cold as it used to, but I haven't used it much at all during my ownership. Its effect is hindered though by the useless fixed centre vents that are positioned behind the x-touch display and point up at the ceiling, so all you can do is try to angle the side vent at yourself, but between that one and you is the steering wheel.

2 hours ago, MarkyPancake said:

My 2014 Aygo air con doesn't feel as cold as it used to, but I haven't used it much at all during my ownership.

Probably needs checking for leaks and re-gassing - you need use it regularly, at least weekly throughout the year. Your air con probably has the newer more expensive gas (HFO-1234yf), so a re-gas will be more expensive and not every garage will be able to service your air con unless they've invested in the new equipment.

2 hours ago, MarkyPancake said:

My 2014 Aygo air con doesn't feel as cold as it used to …...

I had this with my Yaris Hybrid and mentioned it when it was being serviced. The workshop guys noticed a slight leak area in the condenser radiator (and sent me a video of it) and replaced said item under the 5 year warranty. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links