Do Not Sell My Personal Information

reversing beeper and cd player on gen 4

kevin h

Probably a daft question, but whats the default setting on the reverse beeper on the Gen 4.

if it sounds continuously, as was the case with the gen 3, can it be turned off?

also, one dealer tells me that the Business Edition Plus has a CD player, the other says it does not. Its unclear on the brochure.  Any ideas?

Cheers

The default is on continuously beeping, but my UK dealer has turned it off before I collected it without even being asked.

My Excel had CD player. The manual makes no reference to a model without one, so I would assume lower trim levels would too.

I have to admit, I've not used the CD player in my previous 3 cars. USB is so much easier.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Forgot to say... Any authorised Toyota dealer can turn the reverse beep on or off, along with many other options.

Or you can use the app Carista with an OBDII dongle, which is what I did.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Interesting,

Went to order the Business Edition Plus, and no CD player. new Gen 4

Also, from experience, some dealers could switch of the Gen 3 reverse beeper, but others were adamant you cold not.

I've asked mine to do so, but have to wait to find out if they know how to do it.

My brand new MY2018 Prius BE definitely has a CD 

11 hours ago, kevin h said:

,,,Also, from experience, some dealers could switch of the Gen 3 reverse beeper, but others were adamant you cold not.

I've asked mine to do so, but have to wait to find out if they know how to do it.

My dealer switched the reverse beep off at my request on moth my Gen 3 and current Gen 4.

Hi the reversing beep cannot be turned off it can only be changed from beeping about once a second to a single beep when put into reverse so the dealer is right .My 2017 gen 4 did come with a CD player.  

Both of the Gen 3's I've owned have had the reversing beeper turned off (by different dealers), apart of course from the initial beep which is a good thing to have IMO. 

Having them switched off also makes it easier to hear the beeper related to the reversing sensors which I had fitted to my car (not too keen on the camera).

Single beep is what I'm after, so thanks everybody.

CD is really interesting.  It appears that all models except the BE Plus, have a CD player.

Anybody got one that actually has one.

my car is in the showroom, and definitely does not have one.

Hi my model is the BE+ and has a CD player 

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:00 PM, kevin h said:

Probably a daft question, but whats the default setting on the reverse beeper on the Gen 4.

if it sounds continuously, as was the case with the gen 3, can it be turned off?

also, one dealer tells me that the Business Edition Plus has a CD player, the other says it does not. Its unclear on the brochure.  Any ideas?

Cheers

Re a Cd - the link below is for the base model Prius Active, go down to the 3rd line, go in 3 boxes to Reversing Camera and you will see a CD player slot - standard on all models

https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/prius/grade/ACT

43 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Re a Cd - the link below is for the base model Prius Active, go down to the 3rd line, go in 3 boxes to Reversing Camera and you will see a CD player slot - standard on all models

I guess it's easy to miss - there's a strip of soft material blocking it to keep dust out, which can make it look more like a design feature than a hole for CDs.  Pushing in a CD will penetrate a slit in the fabric.

Wow! So no Cd player!

I picked up a new Business Edition Plus in the UK on Monday. It has a CD player  and a single beep on reverse.

tom, thanks.  just asked you the same question on you other post.

thats good to know.

No problem CD player works fine