Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis 2011 drivers side not letting rear window to go down

avensisd4d786

car is a 2011 avensis tourer TR model

was changing the rear window glass on drivers side rear, accidentally dropped glass, after this the main drivers switch does not allow it to go down but the switch on the drivers rear does.

could it be fuse or have i broke a wire?

Most likely just needs reprogramming, using the RHR switch press on hold it down until the window reaches the bottom then pull and hold the switch until the window reaches the top count to 3 still holding the switch then try the drivers door switch.

16 hours ago, avensisd4d786 said:

car is a 2011 avensis tourer TR model

was changing the rear window glass on drivers side rear, accidentally dropped glass, after this the main drivers switch does not allow it to go down but the switch on the drivers rear does.

could it be fuse or have i broke a wire?

Do you mean the remote switch on the drivers door is no working the rear passenger window, whilst the rear passenger switch works fine? I would remove the door card and check the wiring and connections. I suspect the wire from the master controller may be disconnected or damaged within the passenger door. I looked at my Mk1 Haynes manual which has wiring schematics, that gives a rough idea how the Mk3 may be wired. If I am correct, you can still disable the passenger control from the master switch.
As a tip for future reference, before undoing the screws to release the glass from the lifter, set then glass at the height to access the the screws, then use tape or suction holders to holder the glass in place. When the screws are removed, the glass won't drop. Good to know if working by yourself or even with help. 
Did you change the rear windows in the load area and the tailgate glass too? The reason is the to know how the heating elements and antennas are connected, and do they still work?  

• Like 1

Do you mean the remote switch on the drivers door is no working the rear passenger window, 

that's right.