Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wax oil.

TP49

After owning the Estima two and a half years  and it's still clean underneath I thought I'd get it wax oiled  to try and preserve the car for a few years hoping it will last without the dreaded tin worm doing its worst to kill another motor off. Still I think the Goverment are doing a better job lol.

The small garage where I have work done on the car  send me the bill so I  don't pay when I collect the car so I don't know what it's cost yet but at least it's done now.

Any protection is better than none, Tony...I saw my Estima BEFORE it was waxoiled and it was in amazing condition...more like a two year old UK/Euros car.!.

Cost-wise, I guess it depends how thorough they have been and much stuff they have used.?...did they not give you an estimate beforehand.?

Mine was done as part of the purchase deal 2 years ago as you know, so hopefully I'm protected ok for many years.

When it was up on the ramp for an oil change a couple of months ago I had the chance to have a look underneath and it still looks excellent.

I reckon the Esti will outlive me easily...lol

No I didn't get an estimate but they've always been good price wise so I'll live with it. They used six litres of wax oil Neil, had all the wheelarch cards off so probably won't cheap, but it's a good job done.

Edited by TP49

Yep...a good decision, Tony..and it will no doubt be well worth the cost to keep your Esti in good nick.!

i find myself jet washing the underside of my Alphard to get the salt and dirt off. its ok during summer, but need to get it undercoated before the winter really.

6 minutes ago, Steve said:

i find myself jet washing the underside of my Alphard to get the salt and dirt off. its ok during summer, but need to get it undercoated before the winter really.

It will certainly help preserve the  underneath, most imports come over with the underside so clean it's worth keeping it  in good condition.

Agree...^^^^...preserving the excellent condition of the underside of most imports is such a good move.

A couple of UK Winters don't do your vehicle any favours.

Try dinnitrol products, wideley regarded as the best.  Also the karcher underbody sprayer.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, just received the bill for the wax oil job plus change Denzo spark plugs £350 which I thought was a good price considering the masking up of components etc that had to be done. I'm well pleased with that.

• 10 months later...

Hi, newbie here, I bought an estima hybrid last year, was literally like new underneath, bit of dust and one bolt had some surface rust on it's threads. Had a local garage that usually uses waxoil put 5l of bilt hamber dynex S50 & UB on the bottom of mine, I used a patio jetwasher accessory to get rid of dust gently a day or 2 before it went in, stayed dry, cost me £120 for the garage time and £100 for the 10l of treatments (one is thinner & seeking for cills and channels). Brother uses it for his high end VW campervans and it gets a good write up, garage warned me that waxoil would stink, this stuff didnt. Haven't really had a look under to see how it is so far.

Hi Iain. That's good you've had it done, yes wax oil did smell for about a week her indoors was moaning like hell but the smell soon wore off. At least it offers some protection against the elements.

Welcome Iain..

Agree...it's so worthwhile to get it done.

My Estima was the same.. I checked underneath before I bought it and it was amazingly free of rust...it was then undersealed as part of the purchase package.

I didn't actually take delivery of the Estima until about 3 weeks later so there were no odour issues.