Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie questions re 2018 Aygo...

Unfranked

I have owned my Aygo for a couple of weeks and would like some help with some minor details if possible 😉

The Sat Nav...   I live in Norfolk so traffic cameras are few and far between - but today the 'squawk' erupted and scared the heck out of my passenger, we turned round for a second go just to make sure that was what had caused the noise - this time with the windows down - and scared a pedestrian as well!  Is there any way to turn the volume setting down?  Even at the lowest setting it is too loud if we had small children or a baby in the car. Help! Please!

Is it normal for the rotary dial around the air con switch to not light up at night?  I can see the red and blue graphics while driving but have to fiddle around to find where the mark is on the bevel that tells me where exactly the hot-to-cold setting is set.  Should there be a light around that area?  

Beneath the air con switch - the direction controls for the cabin ventilation - should those be illuminated at night?   The little diagrams are in a completely different order to my previous car (SEAT Mii) so it's a pain to have to fiddle around in the dark to move the ventilation around - so again, have I got an LED missing is this a standard design characteristic of the Aygo?  I see the better spec-d models above mine have an option of a back-lit push-sensitive pad for these controls so perhaps I should have spent some more 🙂

Is it normal for the front wipers to leave a streaky mess on the passenger side?  Are there any solutions to this - a wiper with an aerofoil or a particular manufature of wiper that is better than the factory option? If it's this bad new then I'd rather get it sorted out before winter.

The floor carpet is quite saggy in the rear passenger's foot wells - is this normal or should I talk to the dealer? 

Apart from these minor niggles I am very happy with the car (named Ollie after the salesman...) so any help with ironing these things out would be much appreciated.  Particularly the satnav/speed camera problem.

Many thanks

Colin

Hi Colin.

May I suggest you book it in and take it back to the dealer with your snagging list and questions. As you have the newest Aygo on here some of your questions are hard to answer.

Mike.

Which trim level do you have? As far as I'm aware the controls are the same as the pre-facelift - non illuminated. The Aygos with the digital display have climate control rather than manual air conditioning.

As regards the wiper, no it isn't normal for the blade to smear on the glass - the Aygo does have only one blade

I don't think you have LEDs missing. My buttons aren't lit at night either.

One thing I appreciate though is that the speedometer is always lit when the contact is on.

5 hours ago, Unfranked said:

Beneath the air con switch - the direction controls for the cabin ventilation - should those be illuminated at night?

Sorry for my earlier reply.

Just put the Aygo in the garage, and , yes, the airflow symbols are illuminated when the sidelights or headlights are on, and the rotary control knob also has the mark which indicates which position its in, illuminated.

Thank you for all your help. I'll take the car back to the dealer for their comments.

• Like 1

You can turn traffic cameras off in Maps & Navigation sub menu

Rather defeats the point though. But maybe appropriate if you aren't too fussed about it in your locale.

I'm not sure if you can adjust the volume though I would have to check.

It is ruddy loud though an often makes me jump ... again maybe that's the point of it!

Apparently the volume can't be turned down.

It was suggested that I switch it off and run an app from my phone instead?!  As you say, it does rather take away the point of having paid extra for an in-built satnav.  

Do they mean just run a camera warning app from your phone? I'm sure you could turn the warning off in settings and still use the sat nav.

You can us the  Nav without the speed cameras enabled no problem . In fact the "speed limit "logo on the Nav screen flashes red when you exceed the limit it maybe somewhat negates the need for a  camera warning -  assuming you pay attention to it and keep your speed in check.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised with the lack of talk about the 2018 Aygo here. I thought there would be a range of owner impressions by now.

3 minutes ago, MarkyPancake said:

I'm surprised with the lack of talk about the 2018 Aygo here. I thought there would be a range of owner impressions by now.

The facelifted Aygo only officially went on sale in the UK on 1st July, and the facelift is mainly cosmetic with new frontal treatment, revised rear lights, updated multimedia system, adjusted trim levels, and a mildly tweaked engine (power up from 69bhp to 71bhp). So it won't be massively different to the pre-facelift.

Just people usually like new and shiny, so thought there might be some noise about it. That said, I've only seen one on my travels so far and that was 2 July.

I wonder if the new tax bands have impacted sales of small cars. It's certainly influencing my decision about my next car.

New, young and already has bags under his eyes

3 hours ago, MarkyPancake said:

I wonder if the new tax bands have impacted sales of small cars.

Any effect would have been shown in 2017 when the VED changes were introduced from 1st April.

UK sales of the Aygo were 23,386 in 2016 and 22,264 in 2017.

However, for the first six months of 2018, Toyota sold 13,517 Aygos.

What I am still annoyed with is that Toyota decided to put the upgraded pioneer unit which now works (claims) with the latest phones, and have left 1000's of the old units never really being of any use other than a touch screen radio and no updated, not fit for purpose really

Not the case. Yes Mirrorlink doesn't work, which I wouldn't use anyway. The usb allows me to play my music. With my Samsung Windows phone I could link with the X-touch easily and Cortana would read any text message received. Have now changed to Android, and, again, the phone links easily - all text messages messages on the phone are shown and new ones displayed as they arrive.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links