Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth won't connect to phone when Hot

yorkieshaw

"Might have to"... they seem unsure.

Ask them to find out for certain.

If the car is under warranty it will surely be free. 

If you still get nowhere, suggest to the  dealer that you will talk to Toyota UK and let them know you are  not  happy with their  response to a genuine request for help.

Be polite but firm.

Copy the dealer in all corespondance with Toyota UK and name the dealer and everyone you spoke to.

Things will likely move in your favour.

Good luck.

The upgrade has been well worth the effort,  so persevere. 

If you still get nowhere, suggest to the  dealer that you will talk to Toyota UK and let them know you are  not  happy with their  response to a genuine request for help.
Be polite but firm.
Copy the dealer in all corespondance with Toyota UK and name the dealer and everyone you spoke to.
Good luck.

I did email Toyota customer service on Friday morning but haven’t had a response yet. I have tried ringing the garage a couple of times but the service department hasn’t picked up.........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 8/4/2019 at 11:03 AM, Dark Matter said:

Be polite but firm.

Good luck.

This is the reply I got from Toyota:

Good afternoon Dave,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that the Toyota Centre has only provided a price for this as until they inspect your vehicle, they cannot confirm that the fault will be under the warranty.

Please note that once the issue has been investigated, they will advise as to if this can be referred under the warranty or not.

I hope that this is of assistance and thank you for taking your time to contact us.

Kind regards,

Louise

Not very helpful IMO

Regardless of marque, it is quite common for dealers to quote a charge (sometimes a diagnostic charge) for work which may be assumed to be under warranty by the customer.  It is a way they can cover their costs if the fault turns out to be outside the scope of the warranty.

A bit of a odd response and somewhat non committal. But they are just asking to check the car first to satisfy themselves that this is in fact the issue an not something else.  It's difficult to see how they could come to any other conclusion, but just play their game.

I guess dealers don't routinely do software upgrades for free just because someone  called  Nick  who randomly post on a forum say they should.

Facts are

TOYOTA recognized there was a problem

TOYOTA issued a fix

TOYOTA issued a Technical Bulletin for dealers to apply the fix

A TOYOTA owner has had the work done for free under warranty and as a result the issue 100% resolved

The only wiggle room a dealer/TOYOTA  might have is that software is not covered the 5 year warranty - but that would be harsh as it fixes a "manufacturing" defect

I think you probably get it done for fee if you persevere. 

Hi All.

Reading this thread I found interesting. I personally use a 2012 Rav 4 with very low mileage but have never experienced any bluetooth connection problems.

Am I correct in reading that this problem is only with IPhones as I have a Samsung and so does my wife and regardless of temperature the car just connects assuming we both have our phones in our pockets  to the last phone that was logged into the cars system.

So I am asking, is it only IPhones or other makes as well?

Thank you so much for replying, Mike.

The Aygo has a different multi media system - shared with the Citroen C1 and Peugeot 108, as they're made in the same production facility. Made by Pioneer.

Quite different to the Touch and Touch2 systems in other Toyota's.

36 minutes ago, Dark Matter said:

A bit of a odd response and somewhat non committal. But they are just asking to check the car first to satisfy themselves that this is in fact the issue an not something else

As I said earlier, this is a common situation and just covers the dealer's costs if it isn't a warranty repair, and bear in mind they haven't seen the car. 

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As I said earlier, this is a common situation and just covers the dealer's costs if it isn't a warranty repair, and bear in mind they haven't seen the car. 

But unless they leave it parked in the sun and the temperatures go back up to 30 degrees they can say there is no fault? When yo have a fault and the cars software is 0830 not 0850 surely the easiest thing is just to do the update and keep the customer happy? 

2 hours ago, Dark Matter said:

A bit of a odd response and somewhat non committal. But they are just asking to check the car first to satisfy themselves that this is in fact the issue an not something else.  It's difficult to see how they could come to any other conclusion, but just play their game.

I guess dealers don't routinely do software upgrades for free just because someone  called  Nick  who randomly post on a forum say they should.

Facts are

TOYOTA recognized there was a problem

TOYOTA issued a fix

TOYOTA issued a Technical Bulletin for dealers to apply the fix

A TOYOTA owner has had the work done for free under warranty and as a result the issue 100% resolved

The only wiggle room a dealer/TOYOTA  might have is that software is not covered the 5 year warranty - but that would be harsh as it fixes a "manufacturing" defect

I think you probably get it done for fee if you persevere. 

I would hope we get it done for free, since 1993 we have had 2 x Carina-E 1 x Corolla 3 x Yaris 1 x Aygo 1 x iQ 

7 minutes ago, dave hendy said:

But unless they leave it parked in the sun and the temperatures go back up to 30 degrees they can say there is no fault? When yo have a fault and the cars software is 0830 not 0850 surely the easiest thing is just to do the update and keep the customer happy? 

As I've said, the response is just a standard response regardless of perceived fault,  dealer or vehicle manufacturer.

They will probably check to see whether there are any error codes, and update it anyway. 

You're thinking the worst unnecessarily.

A week Friday and we will find out [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Mike169 said:

Hi All.

Reading this thread I found interesting. I personally use a 2012 Rav 4 with very low mileage but have never experienced any Bluetooth connection problems.

Am I correct in reading that this problem is only with IPhones as I have a Samsung and so does my wife and regardless of temperature the car just connects assuming we both have our phones in our pockets  to the last phone that was logged into the cars system.

So I am asking, is it only IPhones or other makes as well?

Thank you so much for replying, Mike.

I've got a Samsung so I'm pretty confident it affects all mobiles with blutooth capability irrespective of operating system.

The issue is the transmitter not the receiver hence the change required to the X touch software  not the phone bluetooth app.

I have had another email from Toyota this morning:

Dear Dave 

Thank you for your emails regarding your wife's Aygo, I am sorry to learn of the problems you have experienced with the bluetooth and your concerns regarding the possible associated costs for the vehicle booking at Jemca (Bracknell).

Jemca have confirmed to us that your booking was made through their central booking system and they provided you with the associated diagnosis cost.  I can advise this is normal procedure for the Centre irrespective as to whether a vehicle is in warranty or not.  This is due to the fact that they cannot know whether a reported issue is as a result of a manufacturing defect until they have had the opportunity to thoroughly inspect the vehicle.

Once inspected at an authorised Toyota Centre, if the reported issue is due to a manufacturing defect, the centre will confirm this to you and complete the repair under warranty (including the associated diagnostic costs).  If the reported issue is not as a result of a manufacturing defect the diagnostic and repair costs will need to be authorised by the vehicle owner.

If you remain concerned about this or any aspect of the vehicle we would always advise for the car to be inspected at your preferred authorised Toyota Centre, at your earliest convenience.  However, I appreciate it is your decision as to whether you facilitate and authorise the inspection booked for the 16 August 2019 at Jemca.

In closing, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Kind regards

Which is effectively what I advised.

You guys, thank you. I have had my 66plate Aygo for a few weeks now and the bluetooth coming in and out during calls has almost caused a domestic! 

I reported this twice to the garage and phoned tech. Neither could help. But with this info and the simple software update, fingers X Tuesday I will be in reliable communcardo.

Had mine updated today with the annual service. Done under warranty without quibble.

Had mine updated today with the annual service. Done under warranty without quibble.

Good to know, hopefully it’ll sort the problem. That’s if we get any more hot weather!!

On 8/7/2019 at 4:00 PM, Angel the blonde said:

You guys, thank you. I have had my 66plate Aygo for a few weeks now and the Bluetooth coming in and out during calls has almost caused a domestic! 

I reported this twice to the garage and phoned tech. Neither could help. But with this info and the simple software update, fingers X Tuesday I will be in reliable communcardo.

This is a slightly different problem. If I understand your post you seem to have intermittent blutooth connection. The software upgrade is to fix a problem whereby the connection doesn't happen at all when the car has been sitting in the sun. Once it's connected it's fine.

But it will be worth doing the upgrade on Tuesday as it may well be a related issue.

I have always found the Blutooth connection (once it's connected!!) to be strong and stable and never cuts in and out.

Doyou get a message that says something like " blutooth device not  connected" on the X Play screen when the phone looses connection?

Anyway, let us know how you get on.

Dark Matter, the display says call ended but the call is still actually going on, on my mobile phone, it will then click back to car screen...

Googling around there is some  evidence of phone calls dropping from Blutooth connected car system despite the phone still being on the call.

Nothing specific to Toyota/ Aygo but to other brands of car, Ford for example ( Which may use the same Pioneer Unit)

Seems to a be an known/relatively common  iPhone issue.

Do you by any chance have an iPhone ?

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:20 PM, dave hendy said:

A week Friday and we will find out emoji848.png

My wife took her car in today and the software was updated without any fuss or mention of possible cost to us. If only we hadn't gone through the call centre and had spoken to the service department in the first place who are more technical.

Still disappointed in Toyota customer service attitude, but yet again they obviously aren't technical as they should have known with the fault and the specific bulletin there was no diagnostic time involved it was a straight forward update!

Still the wife had a 1.5 Yaris to use for work and her car got washed:rolleyes:

• 3 years later...

I'm glad I googled the question, I have been having the exact same problem and I have a Peugeot 108, and as we know they are all linked via parts etc with Toyota, I might contact my local dealer for a software update. 

Thank you