Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius PHV 2018 tow hatch

RomanCRO

Hi,

Has anyone find tow hatch that fits pHV?

Toyota does not supply official TH. I cant find any custom made TH. 

Any luck on your side?

Regards Roman

that is because the PHV/Plug-in is not rated to tow.

I would like to mount bike rack. I think it would not be any problem for PHV

The only official option for the 2nd gen Plug-in/PHV appears to be a roof-mounted bike rack.

I ordered my 2017 Gen4 with a Toyota  removable hitch rack, to take my 2 bike Thule carrier.

It works well, but the unit is mounted too far under the car to make it feasible to remove the hitch itself

but this is not your problem Roman, as it is  not listed for Plug Ins.

on my previous Gen 3 I aftermarket fitted a rack from Thule, who may still have it available...although batteries may be a problem.

the Roof Rack is a pain in the backside, and getting bikes up there is always risky, and I have used them but never again.

the best rear mounted hatch back rack is the Saris Bones, which is very rigid, and very easy on the bodywork.

all the best with this one, as without a tow bar option, I wouldn’t have bought the car!

Thanx. I found aftermarket tow on Amazon, inUSA, but they dont ship overseas..urghhhh

Beware as the tow hitch / stand alone cycle carrier options for Gen4 Prius do not fit the Gen2 PHV as the rear body structure is not the same so the brackets do not fit and there is no pre prepared mounting point installed in the PHV.

We had a customer wanting a rear mount cycle carrier on a Gen2 PHV contacted Toyota who said no, ordered the kit for a Gen4 Prius, stripped the PHV back end off and quickly realised there was no way the kit was going to fit, the customer also tried several options all saying they were compatible but they all ended up being returned as they were for the Gen4 and not compatible with the Gen2 PHV

• Like 1

Thanx. I found aftermarket tow on Amazon, inUSA, but they dont ship overseas..urghhhh

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links