Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis tourer - incredible value

giffardo

so I've been driving a 1.8 petrol tourer since 2012, had 6 years of smooth motoring without a SINGLE issue.

now I know the avensis is discontinued and not popular to the masses but this means good deals currently...

Arnold clark has 2018 plate with 4.5k miles for 15k, seems unbelievable value for a almost brand new car with warranty till 2023!

should I be worried about anything like availability of parts in future, resale value since its discontinued?

parts won't be a problem for the foreseable future. As for resale value well you aren't paying anything like list to start with & for those in the know when you come to sell there won't be many 1.8 petrols on the market to choose from so who knows you could get a fast sale potentially even with a premium.

PS Their website says from £15998 - I paid less than that for my 3 month old pre-reg 1.8 BE with 25 miles on it last October. Of course it also depends what they give you for your px if you are doing that or if you can wrangle a discount (if Linwood won't budge try Bishopbriggs etc). Their service packages are cheap too.

Usual story very poor trade in offered. Think I will try to sell my 2012 tourer privately and see if I can haggle on price of new one for cash 

David - Do try it before you commit even though it's a nearly new car.  We bought brand new (due to limited availability of nearly new) and paid about £3000 more than the AC used ones are and were v. happy with the deal. 

Our car has been back to the garage probably 8-10 times in the first year.  Several bits replaced - gear box out, stripped, new output bearing installed etc, rattle in door, rattle behind dash, rear doors don't shut easily (need slamming), car makes grating noise and vibrates through clutch pedal when changing gear at high speed (since new).  All in all a nice car to drive but more issues than I've ever had with any other car and I've done fewer than 10k in about 9 months.  Very unexpected/disappointing.  Our Auris tourer has been virtually fault free over 4+ yrs we've had it but isn't as nice a car in terms of comfort/spec'.  All works on Avensis carried out efficiently under warranty but inconvenient.

The 1.8 is by all accounts usually bullet proof - shows that whatever you buy and however old it is you get good uns and less good uns - check it over carefully!  

that is v surprising, not my experience of Toyota reliability. there are actually great deals on a load of cars at the moment almost brand new, Golf 1.4 estates, Audi A4 avants etc.  my experience has been bad with VW though and thats why I an hesitance to move from Toyota, seems I have a good one and should prob just keep it running!

42 minutes ago, giffardo said:

that is v surprising, not my experience of Toyota reliability. there are actually great deals on a load of cars at the moment almost brand new, Golf 1.4 estates, Audi A4 avants etc.  my experience has been bad with VW though and thats why I an hesitance to move from Toyota, seems I have a good one and should prob just keep it running!

Well to be fair if you're used to Toyota's reliability you won't have an easy transition to any other car, except maybe Mini. Everybody else is worse and it's more than likely you'll have more problems and more often than not those problems are going to be costlier.

1 hour ago, Byzii said:

Well to be fair if you're used to Toyota's reliability you won't have an easy transition to any other car, except maybe Mini. 

i didn't think that Minis rated very well on reliability? More average.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links