Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Type of A/C gas in my hybrid?

ArranB

Looking to get my ac re gassed, then I found some places won’t do a hybrid vehicle and another that I called said it’s different prices depending on the type of gas the system uses. How can I find out what type of gas is needed? Can’t find anything in the book about it. And anyone know a rough price for a Auris hybrid re gas so I know what’s good and what’s not! 

I had my 2010 Prius regassed about 5 weeks ago, cost me £60. As soon as mentioned Prius the guy knew it was "different". 2010 I know is the "older" gas which is cheaper, don't know what year car manufacturers had to change.

Have a look back through Prius forum, say couple months ago, and I think there has been something recently on the Auris forum as well.

Do a search for  air con  may pull something up.

On most cars there's usually a sticker under the bonnet indicating the type of gas in the ac system. From memory it's either on the slam panel or the underside of the bonnet itself. 

The new HFO-1234yf gas was introduced in vehicles from the start of 2014 by some manufacturers in anticipation of the change in legislation on air conditioning gas in 2017. For example both our cars (2015 and 2016 models) have the new gas. 

In a 2012 vehicle one probably has the older R134a, and there is usually a label in the engine bay stating which gas one has.

Thanks guys. Turns out the best place was the Toyota dealer! Shock I know but they have an offer on for a full ac service, check and re gas for £49. Including decontamination! Thought if anyone would use the rite gas it would be them so it’s booked in for tomorrow 

• Like 2