Do Not Sell My Personal Information

road test report

scar

Hi, I have been considering replacing my 2012 fire with the latest model ( July 2018 on ). I  test drove it today and drove the previous model 3 days ago. Naturally they were a big improvement over my 2012 model.

My initial verdict is the 2014-2018 was a real big step forward from my Aygo. The difference between the outgoing and incoming Aygo is much less apparent. I am after reading or watching a review of the latest Aygo. I have tried searching but found nothing. Can anybody point me in the direction of the review I seek.

thanks Steve

Bear in mind the 'new' Aygo is a just a facelift of the second generation (2014 onwards), so differences are not going to be great, more subtle improvements.

frosty, that was my impression of both cars I drove, more of a cosmetic upgrade.

The sales staff mentioned improvements in the engine. I had read of these prior to the test drive. The difference is so small it would take exceptional sensitivity of the driver to decern the difference. 

Choices, choices and making decisions .....

Get the dice out !

The engine has been tweaked and bhp increased to 71, up from 69.

Well I managed to get my wife to drive a VW Up to compare it with the Aygo. I thought it might help make her mind up. Well it did, sort of. We have decided to keep the 2012 Aygo. 🙄

Fo those interested it was the 60bhp Up. The beats edition which has a much nicer interior than the standard model. She thought the exterior was boxy ( read horrible ) the performance was flat.

Plus side was the suspension, and general ride quality.

The  PCP deal on offer from VW was superior to that offered by Toyota. 

I used the Toyota dealer that I have bought multiple cars from yet they did me no favours. Saying that I travelled 20 miles to another and they were no better.

To sum up  the Aygo was the car we would choose. The deals on offer for both cash and PCP meant the VW had the advantage, by a clear margin.

Not really impressed by the efforts of my local Toyota dealer.

have you thought of using carwow for a 2018 aygo as you'll get a good deal

therefore lower pcp payment .

just had a look at pcp's for both the 2018 aygo and the Vw UP both with around £2500 deposit

aygo £139 / mth

up £99 /mth

both incredibly cheap for a brand new car

Eygo,

We are just leaving it for awhile. The Aygo is in good condition and really sits in that sweet spot were you know it will need nothing for a long time.

I am more inclined to replace our CR-V when the next crop of Hybrid SUV's appear at the end of the year. 

Yes, l used Carwow, that was after trying to get a good deal with my local dealership. Had five great offers via the site, saved nearly £2.5K plus good PCP. Know what l shall be doing when the time is up!! To get the next car!!  

On 7/24/2018 at 8:05 PM, scar said:

Well I managed to get my wife to drive a VW Up to compare it with the Aygo. I thought it might help make her mind up. Well it did, sort of. We have decided to keep the 2012 Aygo. 🙄

I'm glad to hear that. I just love my dinky little 12 plate Fire. If I'm being honest - and no disrespect to anyone - I think it is far better looking than the model which replaced it. 

On 7/24/2018 at 10:52 PM, eygo said:

have you thought of using carwow for a 2018 aygo as you'll get a good deal

therefore lower pcp payment .

just had a look at pcp's for both the 2018 aygo and the Vw UP both with around £2500 deposit

aygo £139 / mth

up £99 /mth

both incredibly cheap for a brand new car

+1 for Carwow 

I got a significant discount  in 2015 on New X-Pression .  My local dealer eventually matched the best offer on CARWOW (after  a bit of a struggle)

The deal I got on the 2018 model didn't quite match the best deal from CARWOW but I decided to go with a slightly  lesser deal from my local dealer - maybe  misguided loyalty , but they have always given me good service so it's not just about the price.

Anyway , because I bought a car from a CARWOW dealer I got a £20 Amazon voucher ... which they mistakenly sent twice .....CASHBACK!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As we have decided to keep the Aygo I treated it to a new set of mats. The original mats ( 48,000 miles ) had a few marks and the drivers heel had almost worn through. So I lavishly spent £30 on a new set.

The engine received a treat in the way of an oil change. Now we all know its safe to mix different grades of oil. So having some Castrol 5w30 fully synthetic LL left over. I decided to add some 0w20 to it again fully synthetic. So by volume I recon I had 2.5w25. 

I have done a full petrol tank and when brimmed gave 62.5 mpg up from 60.1 mpg on the previous tank. The weather I think takes most credit but perhaps the drop in viscosity has aided the mpg. The car is driven equally by myself and my wife.

We are happy to keep the Aygo and look forward to a few more years use from her yet.