Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Touch and Go map update on new car

ukdeveloper

I just took ownership of a new Rav 4 today. How do i know if the Map software is up to date and also if the car has been sitting "built" for 10 months or so and now ive got it and a major map update has happened since build to me buying it, do i get the option to upgrade to the latest map at least once?

Thanks

Carl.

Go into the setup>system information tab (scroll down to find) & tell us what version for software & mapping it has.

As a new Toyota you should have 3 years of free updates.

Ok will do. Another thing i noticed, which could be slightly construded as misselling is, on all of the Toyota videos showing Touch and Go, it shows that a twitter app and email app are available. The actor in the video is also clearly using an iPhone. Yet the email funcion is not available on iPhone and the twitter app has been completely withdrawn. Although I have it on my system, im assuming it will delete with an upgrade. It certainly doesnt connect to the twitter server. 

You don't have Touch & Go, you have Touch 2 with Go - different systems.

Can't help you with iPhone, Android user here.

3 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

You don't have Touch & Go, you have Touch 2 with Go - different systems.

Can't help you with iPhone, Android user here.

Sorry i didnt even realise there were different versions. 

Although Toyota are still advertising twitter is available. 

That was published by Toyota Ireland to Youtube at the start of 2017 & was probably true at the time. No doubt they will have something that says that & that things can change, that errors & omissions are excepted etc. etc.

Btw the latest mapping is Spring 2018.

Just looked on my car which is running the latest software/map 6.11.0 & the Twitter app is still on the screen - I don't use Twitter though so that is as far as I can go.

Yep the twitter app is 100% there.

Doesnt work tho. Toyota have revoked access to the twitter server. 

Cant understand why though seeing as it costs literally nothing and all data is handled by the bluetooth connection. 

Just think its a bit of a con that they ship motors and advertise stuff that either doesnt work or gets pulled a few months after you get it. 

C.