Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Go 2 Satnav change to Km setting?

CharlesJF

Hi,

I have a 2016 petrol auto Avensis Tourer, with the Go2 Satnav, which once I had learnt it's little ways works pretty well. However, one thing bugs me - to date I have not found a way to switch the map settings to km from the default miles. We are off to France in a couple of weeks, and it's much easier to have the car in km mode, as it then matches local signage, speed limits, etc. I've looked at all the setup modes I can find, and the only thing that I can see is a change from MPG to a km option - which isn't what I want.

My £100 Tomtom does this easily - why not the Toyota satnav, esp. as it has 20 plus countries available, all using km? 

I've recently updated the software to the latest available for this car, which is 4.5.0WL, Map ID: 2015v2

I've attached a picture of the satnav screen and buttons for clarification, plus the software version screen, and the MPG option screen

Any thoughts gratefully received!

Charles F

Go2 Satnav Screen.png

MPG Option.png

Software Version.png

1 hour ago, CharlesJF said:

I've recently updated the software to the latest available for this car, which is 4.5.0WL, Map ID: 2015v2

I've attached a picture of the satnav screen and buttons for clarification, plus the software version screen, and the MPG option screen

Any thoughts gratefully received!

First thought is that definitely won't be the latest software/mapping for the car. If you have Touch 2 with Go the latest software/ mapping is 6.11.0L Spring 2018

If you press the Distance ( fuel unit ) tab you get a set of options 

km/ltr

Km/mpg

Mile/mpg 

is this not changing what you want?

and Second on Scotts comments 6.11.0wl 2018v1 is the latest software and map set

I think the option you mention simply changes the units used in measuring fuel consumption, which I said I didn't want. What I was hoping to get was a distance estimate in km when setting a destination on the satnav, and a speed limit display of 50km/hour through a French village, not 31.5 miles/hour.   

Given that the French have just changed some of their speed limits & even the latest mapping predates that don't rely on the speed limits shown by the unit.

Well, I've just got back into Toyota's website  (broken yesterday)  to find that the current map version mentioned (Spring 2018) for this car is available - but only at £109 from the e-store, so I'm probably stuck with the 2015 version installed when the car was built.

However, I have emailed Toyota to see if they have a way of switching the 2015 version to km, or whether the new version is any different.

I am trying to remember when the policy changed (Devon Aygo will know) but as your car is under 3 years old you could possibly get the update for free.

Even buying the 1 year at £119 is better value than the £109 single map as that should get you 2 map updates in a year. The 3 year at £199 is even better value.

The possibility exists (but I wouldn't know as I don't take my car overseas) that the system is intelligent enough to switch to distances in km when you move into a country that has that as their default - after all we are the odd ones out.

On 7/26/2018 at 8:46 PM, CharlesJF said:

I think the option you mention simply changes the units used in measuring fuel consumption, which I said I didn't want. What I was hoping to get was a distance estimate in km when setting a destination on the satnav, and a speed limit display of 50km/hour through a French village, not 31.5 miles/hour.   

I changes both the distance unit and Fuel unit, hence the options 

Distance KM / fuel unit LTR

Distance KM / fuel unit MPG

Distance MILE / fuel unit MPG 

4 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

I am trying to remember when the policy changed (Devon Aygo will know) but as your car is under 3 years old you could possibly get the update for free.

Even buying the 1 year at £119 is better value than the £109 single map as that should get you 2 map updates in a year. The 3 year at £199 is even better value.

The possibility exists (but I wouldn't know as I don't take my car overseas) that the system is intelligent enough to switch to distances in km when you move into a country that has that as their default - after all we are the odd ones out.

The 3 years free was introduced in mid 2016 and applied to cars with software version 6.6.0 onwards, earlier cars in 2016 with versions < 6.6.0 have to pay for either a one off update or 3 years mapcare

I have the original sales brochure, although I'm the second owner, and it confirms the above from Lee - although in a slightly different format. The brochure says that Touch 2 with Go Plus has free three year map updates, but Touch 2 with Go (no Plus) has no mention of map updates. I believe I have the latter, as I do not have some of the facilities mentioned with Go Plus - ie voice commands for the phone book. That would explain why I'm being offered just the paid map updates on Toyota's e-store website. 

Still waiting from a reply from Toyota on my queries - will presumably be next week now......