Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apple Car Play

LNT987

I understand that the latest Aygo has Apple Car Play. Could the Toyota techs apply this to a 2015 (65) model or, if not, if I had it done elsewhere would it invalidate the warranty? UK.

Covered previously - the X-touch in the 2018 facelift is an updated unit and Apple Carplay cannot be added to the previous unit. 

As regards third party updates, suppose it depends what changes are made as to whether the warranty is affected.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I still feel that Toyota sold the original units not fit for purpose, they are nothing but touch screen radio's and if you are lucky the usb works, 

Not the case. Yes Mirrorlink doesn't work, which I wouldn't use anyway. The usb allows me to play my music. With my Samsung Windows phone I could link with the X-touch easily and Cortana would read any text message received. Have now changed to Android, and, again, the phone links easily - all text messages messages on the phone are shown and new ones displayed as they arrive.

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Yes Mirrorlink doesn't work, 

My understanding is that it does work but under very restrictive conditions e.g. only a couple of old phones. However, Toyota & others do not have a crystal ball & they were not to know that what at the time seemed a promising development, was going to be surpassed & Mirrorlink would be left to wither on the vine in favour of CarPlay & Android Auto.

The infotainment hardware in the Aygo, 108 & C1 is supplied by Pioneer so it falls to them to issue update firmware etc. (assuming that there is something in their supply contract to do so).

• 4 weeks later...

It’s a shame that Toyota didn’t set up the mirror link or whatever without a certain amount of flexibility viz a viz futureproofness. They should know people change mobile phones more often than they change cars so to have a system relying on an iPhone 4S, which came out 3 years before the car did, was flawed at best and negligent at worst. So even the person who bought my 65 plate (UK) new quite possibly had an iPhone 6s when they bought the car and could never use the mirror link.

• 2 months later...

Just got a 2018 AYgo and was reading about mirror link, mentions a specific cable ?

Will it not work with my 6 plus though ?

Rob

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links