Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stock 58806 CD Radio Bluetooth/ Line In via CD Changer - Problem

robhdean

I have a 5+7 bluetooth/line in/ mp3 adaptor I hoped to fit to the stock 58806 stereo in my 2003 Celica.

Issue: my car already has a 5+7 in the socket, with just two connected wires in the centre of the full row of contacts.

If I remove that plug the CD does not work right: it plays a CD at fixed volume, the  volume control not working at all and the CD current track number not displayed on the unit. Fitting my adapter does not fix this (https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F142852527190)

Can anyone explain this? Is a Y-adapter needed or might that crosswire something which should not be crosswired?

Or is this actually just an incompatible adapter?

If anyone can offer any advice I would be sincerely grateful...

Hi Rob

Is the multimedia adaptor working correctly but now the radio cd player isn't?
If that's the case, the eBay page for the adaptor does say it connects in via the radios cd changer. It may be by design that it's intended to replace the radios CD player or at least part of its functionality?

It could just be that you need this Y-adaptor the eBay listing mentions.
I'd recommend speaking to the supplier of the adapter.

Although, by the looks of the price of that adaptor, You could consider just picking up a new head unit that already has USB and blue tooth.

Thank you. No, nothing was working right 😕

As you suggest, given that this is not proving simple, which was the only real appeal, I've decided to go get a new head unit 🙂

Nice! I think you'll be far happier with a new head unit than with that adaptor. Hopefully, you can return it for a refund.
This is what I ended up doing to my head unit:

IMG_2067.png