Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Starting problems

SAJEEV

I disconnected the black Battery terminal on my Auris 2015 when going on holiday. Reconnected securely after two weeks (today).

Now, it won't start. All the lights come on on the dashboard, lots of beeps, audio in Japanese. A flashing exclamation mark seen. The lights work, the wing mirrors swing close when the closed lock symbol on the electronic key is pressed. Used the manual key to lock and unlock the key after disconnecting the Battery and after reconnection. Please help.

Thanks

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Auris club.

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Auris club.

Thanks.

How do I access the Auris Club, please?

Frosty means your thread has been moved to the Auris section, you must have posted it somewhere else originally.

Try disconnecting your Battery again, leave for 5 minutes and then reconnect and see if it is OK or not. Have the doors shut but not locked when you do this. I don't think you mentioned which version yours is... petrol, diesel, hybrid ?

Also read the user manual and see if there are any cautions for Battery disconnection /reconnection such as when replacing the Battery.  

6 hours ago, SAJEEV said:

How do I access the Auris Club, please?

Toyota Owners Club has separate sections or clubs for the majority of models - eg. Auris club, Avensis club, etc. You posted originally in General Discussions.

On the main Forums page, if you scroll down, after 'New Members' and 'General', you will come across 'Toyota Forums' and the various clubs are listed there. Click on the club you wish to view (eg Auris club), and you will be able to access the topics raised within that club. Topics are listed in descending order - the latest topic first.

Thanks for the advice.

The car restarted after it was jump started using one of those Jump Start packs.

All systems seem to be working except the AC! Any ideas on what could have caused this and how it can be fixed?

Thanks

The AC not working sounds unrelated. Two things come to mind:

1/ The problem is an electronic glitch somewhere, perhaps caused by the jump start pack. The only way to prove that would be to disconnect your Battery for a few minutes, then reconnect and test.

2/ The system has lost some pressure (refrigerant) during its inactivity while you were away although a few weeks should not really be an issue. That's not DIY testable and you would need to get an AC engineer to check the system. Have Quick Fit got an offer on ? Recharge or no charge. I suspect this could be the most likely cause but you should do a reset first just to be sure.     

Thanks.

I will have an electrical person come and check it out as I am most ignorant of how these things work! Shall keep you updated on how it goes.

Good news! The AC started working later in the day without my having to get help from the electrician and without me doing anything except switching on the engine!!

Hope it continues.

Thanks to all for the support

I've no answer to that one but lets hope it keeps working.