Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help needed 2006 t25 avensis

Indrek5

Hey. I have a D4D version with some sort of awful electrical problem. Scanning through google gave me 0 results. To be short my 21 (gauge1) fuse keeps blowing right after ignition is turned on. I have been looking for the error for around 4 hours and can not figure it out. I am out of whole instrument panel (except warning lights), powerwindows, rear heater, some radio features, TRC, cruise control, seatbelt warning beeper and possibly some other features currently not known to me (as I've read SRS bags are with gauge1 as well?). Basically the car is driveable, but one can not see anything on the dash.

All lights (interior, exterior), AC, fans, mirrors, key beeper, door indication work.

Things tested: unplugged the whole combination meter (spido, odo etc panel) Unplugged wiring to radio, powerwindows, rear heater - no difference.

Maybe someone has a clue what can be causing this? Multimeter is showing no resistance when checking fuse 21 out with ground, but the next plug seems to be behind the whole panel. To gain access to them I should rip apart the whole front plastic cover with airbags and other things. When looking at wiring diagrams fuse 21 should go to combination meter with red-white wire, however there ia no such cable there. Closest is red-yellow, and there is 6 or 7 of those...

Ps, sorry for my english, if something needs to be explained better, let me know, I'll try to write more precisely.

Hope someone has already been through this kind of problem and can help me out of this hussle.

Hey all. Sad to know that nobody helped me, but at 4am today I found the pesky sh$t. It was the autodimming backview mirror inside the car that somehow got shorted out. In order to trace it I had to rip out all of the interior plastic around instrument panel :(.

Well done that man, that did sound like a nightmare trying to find the fault there

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links