Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

6.11 Touch and go update

Jimmy6616

Just downloaded the 6.11 update from the e-store , extracted and put on the USB stick. However when it asks for the activation key it give's me an error saying "key invalid", needless to say iv'e triple checked the key give by the e-store. I have emailed multimedia@toyota but just wondered if anyone else has had an issue?

Have you downloaded the correct one Jim ?........... it should be 6.11.0WH for the Excel.

Keith yes this is the correct one. I get this error

1846280541_invalidactivationkey.PNG.a8847f70bc8bce81aead4081ad3471f0.PNG

The reason I asked is that I previously downloaded the wrong update on an earlier one, it just had a "H" on the end not "WH" and I got  that message when I tried to activate it.

Have you tried extracting it again to another USB stick, IIRC it has to be USB 2.0 or later and at least 4Gb, although I always use an 8Gb stick.

Another thing I noticed in these updates is that there's a file  called activationCode.xml in the extracted files showing 111-222-333-444 as the code. I think if you open the file with notepad and put your code in there it should bypass the query for the code.

On 8/3/2018 at 8:19 PM, kithmo said:

Another thing I noticed in these updates is that there's a file  called activationCode.xml in the extracted files showing 111-222-333-444 as the code. I think if you open the file with notepad and put your code in there it should bypass the query for the code.

That does work. It is a whole lot easier to update the xml file using a proper keyboard, than to use the Prius touchscreen.

• Thanks 1

My Prius Gen4 system is on 6.10.0WH, sounds like it needs upgrading. Not 2 years old yet.

What do I need to do to upgrade it

at what cost

when is the next version out, and will it take it from 6.10.0WH straight to the latest (when its out)

Hi when I updated to 6.11.0wl the screen showed invalid activation code before I had even entered it,  upon entering it it loaded  this also happened when updating to 6.10.0wl  

5 hours ago, Catlover said:

My Prius Gen4 system is on 6.10.0WH, sounds like it needs upgrading. Not 2 years old yet.

What do I need to do to upgrade it

at what cost

when is the next version out, and will it take it from 6.10.0WH straight to the latest (when its out)

You go into the -store of MyToyota & download it to a PC, expand the zip file to an USB memory stick & stick that into the system. http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-touch-2-how-to-update-your-maps-and-software

My understanding is that as you have the "High" version it will have come with 3 years Mapcare on new vehicles all through 2016 (the "Low" version only got 3 years Mapcare on new vehicles part way through 2016). In other words it should be a free upgrade for you.

I would guess that the next update should be out probably around late October if all goes to plan ....

You can usually update directly, you don't have to go through every update version to get there.

• Like 1

Thank you Scott

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links