Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine light on

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi All

On the drive back from Coventry this morning, my engine light came on..suddenly! Its never happened before since purchasing in January this year.

I did fill up a full tank before we left from home to go to Coventry, could there be a link? It was my usual Total garage i always use.

I made it home safely sitting at the 70mph marker. No loss in power. No strange sounds or smells. Just the light on and wont go out.

Any ideas guys ?

You need an OBD2 code reader to connect to the port ( left of the steering wheel, just above the foot well) to give you the fault code.

Given all the previous mpg issues, I am wondering if its an o2 sensor code...

As above...get a code read done.

Certainly an O2 sensor is well possible..but the code will confirm.

Cheers guys.

Im getting it checked out tomorrow.

However i agree, i recon its a sensor too, i get the odd whiff of petrol, which i assume is being dumped, how many sensors are there though??? AND should i replace the cat at the same time?

P.s, speaking of cats, can one replace a cat WITHOUT removing the bumper? Im sure its much easier with removal of the bumper, but id rather not remove it.

42 minutes ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Cheers guys.

Im getting it checked out tomorrow.

However i agree, i recon its a sensor too, i get the odd whiff of petrol, which i assume is being dumped, how many sensors are there though??? AND should i replace the cat at the same time?

Get the codes, no point spending out when you dont even have the code. Might be something else

• Like 1

Hi

result...lambda sensor...at manifold apparently.

Reset eml light for now.

Having pre and post sensors replaced along with a new cat. I just want it over with really.