Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2018 Icon Tech MPG

ukdeveloper

Just taken ownership of a brand new icon tech. To date it only has 75 miles on the clock.

I was just wondering, whats the mileage you should expect to see an average MPG. 

Currently, i seem to be getting about 20mpg which is dreadful. Its climbing very very slowly, but as ive never driven a new car before im not sure how long i should leave it before knowing whether its getting a good or low mpg.

Also with this spell of super hot weather the aircon has been constantly on since new. Does anyone have any idea how many mpg that uses up?

Thanks

Carl.

Which engine?

19 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Which engine?

sorry, the 2.5 hybrid petrol

Mine has been doing 40+ mpg driving normally near/at speed limit. It did take a while to loosen up though, I would say after a few hundred miles you will start noticing it.

Live _dct_ above, mine averages just above the 40mpg mark but I bought it at 11,000 miles. Varies quite considerably depending on the speed used on a journey. Motorway drops it to about 39 whereas A road driving can see it indicate 50 although I realise that is probably optimistic.

Haven't seen the air-con affect it much, possibly 2mpg but not as much as you are seeing. Using the heater in winter tends to reduce average consumption as engine keeps running to keep you warm.

Are you using 'Normal' mode rather than Eco or Sport ? I have found it the best and still performs well.

I’ve now done  3400 miles . Overall average, according to the car, is 43 mpg. Since delivery in June  I have used the aircon all the time and normal driving mode. Can get 50+ on a mix of A and urban roads. Tends to be 40+ on long motorway journeys as little regen possible. 

Mine was slightly disappointing when brand new (mid 30's) but now, at 7000 miles, is averaging mid 40's.  A long motorway trip returned just over 40 a couple months ago; a recent long A road trip returned just shy of 50.  Pottering around the city returns quite variable mileage but it's not unusual to get over 50.

I keep it in normal mode most of the time, though I sometimes use Eco on motorway/dual carriageway if I'm using cruise control (it makes for slightly less harsh acceleration when moving out to overtake a slower vehicle, though I can't say it's made any significant mpg difference).  I rarely use Sport mode - it sharpens performance but, to appreciate it, mpg drops a lot.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links