Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

headlight adjuster not working

DeTomato

I was getting no response from the headlight adjuster; car has been standing a long time so I suspected it has corroded or resistance has built up. The headlight adjuster wheel 0 - 5 was free moving but not seeming to do anything.

I took out the dash unit with headlight adjuster out and disconnected it. I disassembled the headlight adjuster unit by popping the back cover 4 tabs off  and pushing the wheel inward. With this I could see the internal electrics. It needed a clean up.

Removed all the resistance and sprayed lots of switch cleaner into it while moving the wheel back and forth.

Reconnected it up and hey-presto the headlight adjuster works again. The headlight beam is moving up and down now.

Don't be afraid to take these electric switches apart I've found. Such Corolla switch parts are really easy to work on because they come out easily and there's usually only a few bits inside which can be cleaned up and easily re-fitted.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links