Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio connections

HedgeCutter

Hello

Another problem with my 03 Aeras I need to solve. Estima came with 3 cameras on the front and one on the rear, all factory fitted ones. The original stock Toyota radio showed they were working. I have now had the Pioneer DAB A3100 AVH transfered from my doner Estima to my present one. The steering wheel controls work so I can control the radio functions. It shows up on dash that forward cameras are working, but no picture on screen. The rear camera, nothing. Halfords are getting me a cameras conversion kit, but kit says for an Estima 2014 and there does not seem to be any other  kit to fit in their catalogue.

Help please

• 1 month later...

Can't help I fear, although I think there are communication/format issues with third party head units.  One reason I stuck with Radio 2 - and a few other add-ons.

Hello

Just having to do without cameras on car working. Only way I guess would be to fit another camera and wire it up myself. Or I have had a quote for £225. to supply and fit a reversing camera. I have kept the old head unit, hoping one day to get it converted to English. I'd probably need a band expander for the radio ?  My 03 has aerial wires in the glass back right and back left. Asumming the right side does the radio, what does the aeria wires in the glass on left side do.

Michael

I have two aerial wires stuck on the windscreen Michael. The head unit can get television mode so I presume one aerial is for that.

Although when going through the channels all I get is a lot of squiggly lines. I don't know whether an English Toyota head unit would have the same function on it or even if it would work, I've just kept the unit it came with in the car.

• Like 1

Mine had a TV unit near the passenger side floor pan - which I have removed and replaced with a UK one. I am sure my NS rear quarter panel had an FM tuner. Was wondering whether this could be altered/replaced to provide a wider range?