Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My car is making noise when accelerating [Video]

malick

I have Toyota aygo 2007 automatic petrol, and its making noise when i'm accelerating it hard mostly on high way and now even on normal roads. 

I have attached the video please check, What you think what can be the issue?

Edited by malick
Grammar

Moved to the Aygo club

• Thanks 1

It sounds like the alarm is coming from your mmt gear box . Is the gear shifting at all when you press the accelerator?

24 minutes ago, rajivrattna said:

It sounds like the alarm is coming from your mmt gear box . Is the gear shifting at all when you press the accelerator?

No, rest of things are smooth as they were. 

• 3 weeks later...

• 10 months later...

I've the same issue with my 2008 Toyota's aygo whereby theirs this beeping noise as I try to accelerate harder. Most often you can't even climb over the smallest hill.

The MMT aygo has a clutch temperature sensor if it detects the clutch is getting too hot usually when under load then it will beep a warning.

If it is a one off event then make sure you are not leaving the car in gear when stationary (as this will cause heat and excessive wear) and the issue should not continue if the car is continually beeping when under load it suggests the clutch friction plate is worn and in need of replacement.