Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Second gear downshift issues

Tazz56

Hi everyone

I was wondering at what sort of speed you downshift to second gear in your aygos? I get resistance from the gearbox at any speed over around 10 mph :S   

2014+ plate aygo

Doesn't sound right. I regularly downshift from third to second in the 30-40mph range for overtaking or tackling steep motorway entry ramps. The gearchange is slick, just bags of noise from the engine due to rubbish soundproofing.

Get the clutch pedal free play checked out. It can be quite critical on these cars, for function and longevity of the clutch system.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fordulike said:

Doesn't sound right. I regularly downshift from third to second in the 30-40mph range for overtaking or tackling steep motorway entry ramps. The gearchange is slick, just bags of noise from the engine due to rubbish soundproofing.

Get the clutch pedal free play checked out. It can be quite critical on these cars, for function and longevity of the clutch system.

Thank you for your help! I'll take it to a mechanic tomorrow. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links