Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lights on Yaris help

Bitch1001

Hubby just bought a 2014 Yaris 

when I turn the lights on there is no icons on the display unit ....only if I put high beam on 

I know on my aygo I get icons when I put side / head lights on 

morning Jo

i'm with you, there should be an indication light for the headlights on the dash

i'd ask the garage to have a look at it in case it isn't a bulb and an led has failed

as the led could be expensive to repair with them being soldered to the dash circuit board.

Moved to the Yaris club.

I've just rang the dealer , they don't know if the 2014 does have a dash icon !!! 

so ive got to drive 15 miles for them to check it 

i looked in the book , but can't see any icon for it , only high  beam icon ,

Car does give a warning when you leave the car if you leave lights on , but surely it should have a visual display 

Doubt whether there is a legal requirement for a visual warning of headlights low beam being on - for high beam, yes.

Plenty cars don't have a tell-tale for dipped lights.  Our previously owned Auris didn't have one but other models did.  It turned out it was only the model without auto headlights which had it fitted.  I don't suppose you have auto headlights?  

its been over 20 years since i had a car that didn't have a lights on indicator

23 minutes ago, alan333 said:

Plenty cars don't have a tell-tale for dipped lights.  Our previously owned Auris didn't have one but other models did.  It turned out it was only the model without auto headlights which had it fitted.  I don't suppose you have auto headlights?  

Nope , not got auto headlights 

4 minutes ago, eygo said:

Even my little aygo has icon to show my lights are on , can't understand why this hasn't 

unless you look down , you can't tell if lights are on are off , 

and I had a old 2002 Yaris  and so did showed icons on dash 

i have just downloaded the manual for the 14 plate yaris here is a screen shot from the manual

it looks like there isn't a lights on indicator.

lights on.jpg

thanks ... that’s  what in the book 

so no icon then ... only high beam icon 

My '14 Yaris only has the high beam lamp, no indication that the lights are on other than looking at the instrument cluster illumination. Which confirms eygo's post and the pictures.

The Icon+ model does have automatic lights (never use them, I'll decide, thanks😎)so I'm surprised that there is no indication in the cluster for that function.

Maybe there's something in those blank spaces, but no lamp behind, for country specific specs.?

Edited to add that in my handbook there is an icon for lights shown but with "if equipped" next to it.

My 2013 hybrid has the lights on light (sides or headlamps) - it is situated top right as compared with the main beam at top left.

21 hours ago, Bitch1001 said:

unless you look down , you can't tell if lights are on are off

In our Auris the dash was permanently illuminated, making it difficult to tell whether the lights were on or not.  However, the backlight level was dimmable - but only when the lights are on.  We dimmed the backlight a bit (I hate bright lights in my face at night anyway) such that you noticed the change when the lights were on.  Obviously it made it a bit dim during the day but we found it the best compromise.

Hope this helps 🙂

17 hours ago, Mike J. said:

My 2013 hybrid has the lights on light (sides or headlamps) - it is situated top right as compared with the main beam at top left.

I'd suspect that if I looked closely enough at my instrument cluster there will be a symbol there but it's not activated/connected.

Similarly for Jo. Are you really a !Removed!?😄

How is it that Jo may use Bxxxx and it is removed when I ask if she really is? - That's silly!

It's a female dog anyway.

16 minutes ago, mrpj said:

How is it that Jo may use Bxxxx and it is removed when I ask if she really is?

Probably because the addition of '1001' to the word has bypassed the swear filter.

Proper cars  -like my 1946 Rover 16- had a lights on indicator on top of the headlamp: it glowed when the lights were on. None of this  modern stuff which is not immediately obvious unless you know where to look.

One glance along  the bonnet and you saw your headlamps were on or a bulb had failed.. Pity about the appalling lack of range and the inability to stop day or night if someone jumped in front of you .. or the axle tramping  when braking on rough surfaces

On 8/12/2018 at 12:22 PM, eygo said:

I've been driving since 1971 and I've NEVER had a car without a tell-tale that the lights are on.  Our Yaris is my nineteenth car, with the first being a 1968 Mk2 Minivan.

Mick.

I have a late 2014 Yaris Hybris and the only light icon is when you have sidelights on and when main beam is used, nothing for headlights.

Our September 64 plate 2014 Yaris Hybrid Excel has a light on the dash that glows green when you have lights on be they side lights or headlights.  Another one goes blue when the full beam is on.

The green lights-on warning light is called "tail light indicator" and shows when your lights are switched on. 

Indicators.jpg

My 2013 Yaris doesn't have a dashboard symbol for low beam, the dash being lit is the only confirmation. The blue symbol normally comes when the high beam is on.

" Probably because the addition of '1001' to the word has bypassed the swear filter. "

Which makes a mockery of said filter.🙄 Since when was the name for a female dog a swear word?😎

2 minutes ago, mrpj said:

" Probably because the addition of '1001' to the word has bypassed the swear filter. "

Which makes a mockery of said filter.🙄 Since when was the name for a female dog a swear word?😎

Depends in what context it is used

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links