Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3 Door Suspension Mods

Deedoubleyoo

Hi, I've owned 4 Land Rover Discovery Mk1's over the years and the first thing I did when I got one was fit a Polybush kit and change the shocks to De Carbon gas shocks which completely transformed the ride and handling. My 3 door Rav4 is a bit 'wallowy' and I wondered if anybody else had made any improvements through changing the shocks or if there was a polybush kit available? Thanks. David

I'd check first of all that there isn't simply deterioration with age and mileage. Wishbone bushes do soften and in particular the strut top mounts can float about quite a bit. Springs can sag and shock absorbers loose damping efficiency. Tyre brand can also affect handling.  Powerflex for example do polyurathane wishbone bushes for some Ravs and as well as standard parts, there are uprated and lowered road springs available.

What 'G' said... plus, my 3 door Freesport rides round on rails... I quite often surprise myself on just how stiff the suspension is compared to saloon cars. I quite often corner it at speeds I know I shouldn't and find the tyres squirreling through the corners!   If it wasn't for the center of gravity being so high... it would be a contender LOL

I don't know if the Freesport is chipped and has up-rated shocks and springs but it's the closest thing I have driven to an oversized go-kart... and the last thing I would say is that the suspension is soft!

Thanks very much for the replies....I'm very jealous of the Freesport handling. I think you're probably right that mine may just be a bit tired at 129,000. I'm not sure if anything has been changed....ever....and I presume if it keeps sailing through mot's, which it just has, previous owners may well have just been happy with that....might look at just replacing with new rather than necessarily upgrading.....I've got Hankook tyres on it at the min (If I've spelt that right.....) is there a better option? David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links