Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Extending boot cover

diverdave

My extending boot cover for my Gen 4 Prius has decided not to retract any more, I have tried everything to fix it aside from taking it apart. Has anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it. If I can't repair it I am hoping that it is covered under the 5 year warrenty.

Why not explore the warranty first. 

Good idea Frosty, I pass the dealership on the way home from work might just drop in.

Just phoned the dealership and they need to look at it to see if it is a fault with the mechanism or something that I have done. If it is decided that the mechanism is faulty it is covered under the warranty. Just out of curiosity has any one else had this problem, just nice to know if it is a common fault.

3 hours ago, diverdave said:

Just phoned the dealership and they need to look at it to see if it is a fault with the mechanism or something that I have done. If it is decided that the mechanism is faulty it is covered under the warranty. Just out of curiosity has any one else had this problem, just nice to know if it is a common fault.

I had a problem on my Gen 3 Prius where it would only retract with some help unless the weather was fairly warm.  My dealer replaced under warranty with no quibble.

Thanks for the reply Pete, I am hoping that I will have the same experience with my dealer as you did with yours.😊