Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why we love the Estima

TP49

The joys of getting older Neil. I think in reality we're the same we need the comfort now, and not camping for some time I wonder if We can be bothered with all the messing around with awnings and everything else involved. The Esti does make a great day van though and as you say I don't want to alter the internal fittings of the car either.

We clearly think alike and feel the same, Tony...like you, I'm not sure I can be bothered with all the stuff you have to have and the set up.

I need my comfort.!!!:biggrin:...but yes, the Esti does make a really comfortable and luxurious Day van and in truth that's the real reason we bought it in the first place.

We are off to the North Norfolk coast for the day tomorrow...and that's were the Esti will be at it's best.!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Last week I drove up to Cumbria, then down to Yorkshire, taking Mother round to see relatives. Then calling at her place for a few days and now home. My Aeras sure is a joy to drive and the newly fitted Pioneer AVH 3100 DAB, did not let me down. Always kept its channel. Much easier now to be able to control radio with the steering wheel controls. bluetooth works well too.  I had a dash cam on previous Aeras, but it kept losing the date. So I have fitted a Nextbase 312GW  GPS/WiFi, gives a good wide screen view of the road.  looking forward to  long drives again.

Michael

Hello Michael, glad you had a good trip and the Esti  was a joy to drive. It's good your getting your gadgets you want sorted.

• Like 1

Seems like you got your Estima sorted then Michael. The last I read it was by the side of the road.

It ain't the same Esti, Paul..Michael bought a newer one.:thumbsup:

• Confused 1

Well, I must have missed that post Neil!

Was the other scrapped?

Hi Paul, there's a couple of posts in Estima generations written by Michael about his troubles with his old Esti, and the newer one he got.

Thanks Tony. Just realised I hadn't set up any alerts!

• 6 months later...

Hello dudes, I've just bought an Estima and I see there used to be a really good site called teoc.ws which has been closed and if it doesn't get reopened all the hard work that went into it will be lost so I just wondered if anyone knew who ran the site and what they needed to get it going again?

Yes, it "closed"...but all the information is still there in read only form...nothing was lost.

I don't see the club reopening tbh.

Enjoy your Esti.

Hi Mark, welcome to the club. Yes it was sad to see the TEOC end, but the committee all resigned as did the site administrators at their AGM and I believe being a club they needed a committee and new administrators to take over to carry on with the running of both and as nothing was put in place it led to the demise of both the club and the forum which is now read only. It was originally going to be that way for five years but I have since read that it will be a year and then shut down. There is a lot of valuable knowledge on the site but I don't now how it can be saved or if it can or who to even contact about saving it, even so  it will be a great loss. 

According to the home page of teoc.ws, content will remain online in read only until July 2019 - so only around 4 months left.

• Like 1

Thanks Mike that would be about a year since the forum went read only.

No! Can't let all that knowledge go into oblivion!

Any techies who know how to download all the data!

Not sure, but there may be issues around ownership of information, etc.

• Confused 1

A TEOC club member called atovey was willing to take the forum over, it was talked about on the Board announcement pages but just seemed to come to nothing so now real way of knowing.

• 4 months later...

Question:

Can a 2.4 toyota Estima Hybrid 2001 be flat towed? if so, are there any restrictions? where would i find documentation for this?

many thanks Sam

Being an automatic, I don't think so...always best to use a flat bed truck/dolly for recovery/transportation when it comes to automatic transmission equipped vehicles. (at least that's always been my belief)

I guess you could lift the front wheels and tow it for a very short distance.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know how to contact the administrators of the old forum? I've been trying to find email addresses or something because I'd be willing to take over the old forum (but not set up a club). I'm a web developer so if I can transfer the data it can just sit on my server and keep running as it did before with no cost to anyone.

MattLG

• Like 1

Hi Matt,

I wish I did. But good on you mate! There is some very valuable info on there.

Cheers

Johnny

• 9 months later...

Hi there everyone, 

I'm looking to purchase an Estima lpg (love Toyotas) for me and my two daughters to sleep in. I've seen a 7 seater close by and wondered whether it would be possible to sleep in it even with the gap in the seat at the back. Getting a board and some comfy foam should be enough to sort it? I'm new to all this so am unsure. 

I understand an 8 seater would be a better choice, it's just there aren't many coming up that are close enough for us to visit (we're in Norfolk). 

Any info on this would be gratefully appreciated. 

Thanks in advance, 

Be

18 hours ago, Bebox said:

Hi there everyone, 

I'm looking to purchase an Estima lpg (love Toyotas) for me and my two daughters to sleep in. I've seen a 7 seater close by and wondered whether it would be possible to sleep in it even with the gap in the seat at the back. Getting a board and some comfy foam should be enough to sort it? I'm new to all this so am unsure. 

I understand an 8 seater would be a better choice, it's just there aren't many coming up that are close enough for us to visit (we're in Norfolk). 

Any info on this would be gratefully appreciated. 

Thanks in advance, 

Be

All you can do is go see it..but I'd suspect there just wouldn't be enough space given your needs.

We were going to camp in our Estima but circumstances have changed so we couldn't do it. I would think your idea will work with a seven seater but will be suitable for two people. You could think about attaching a driveaway awning for the children to sleep in or another alternative would be a roof top tent. Take a look at Bumble Campers website for campervans ideas, they convert Estimas into campers could be useful source of information.