Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2007 RHD instrument cluster

Flam Jong Un

Hi guys, I have a question, for which I found no results in the search bar, or google itself. I bought a RHD 2007 Avensis instrument cluster, and I was looking for the pinout diagram, for the 2 connectors in the back. The white one which is on the left has two rows of 11 pins, so in total 22 pins, and the blue one on the other side has two rows of 9 pins each, so 18 in total. Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to drive the cluster with an arduino, so I can then connect it to my sim rig, and display speed and rpm as well as other functions such as temp, fuel level etc, synced with my game on the computer.

Please, if anyone can help. Thanks in advance

You may find what you need in this, but I don't know if it applies specifically to the model year. Ianhttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5b754b12dbd42/ELECTRICAL%20WIRING%20-%20ALL.pdf

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I will look into it, and get back to you, but thank you very much for your effort! I had found this pdf but they were asking for money. Thanks a tonne!

I've got this so far:

A-Blue connector (18 pins)

B-White connector (22 pins)

You'd need to give 12V to these: A2, B20, B22

GND: A1, A17, B5

ECU input (probably pulses for the gauges): B3

Turn signals: Left B1, Right B13

ABS light: A9

VSC light: B4

Ambient Temperature: A12->sensor->A11 (will test with a generic temp sensor from a computer fan)

Fuel sender: A5->sender->A10 (don't have a clue if voltage changes the fuel level)

Now, I'd have to figure out a way to send signal that the combination meter could read in pin B5... Anyone have a clue?

Thanks

I don't know if I'm blind or not, I can't find the button to edit my last post.

Turns out I made a little mistake. With a little more in depth digging, I found that there are 2 separate signals for the speed and tacho.

Tacho is indeed in B3 pin.

Speed is in B18 pin.

Quick update! 

I managed to turn the backlight on by connecting B21 to the 12V source. 

I also managed to drive the tacho, with a pulse generator, and a capacitor in series to smooth out the output of the generator. Vpk-pk is 5-6 volts, and changing the frequency, tacho shows the corresponding RPM.

Anyone know what kind of signal do I need to feed the speedometer pin (B18)  in order to show something?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links