Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New IQ Owner; couple of basic ?'s

Cleavage57

Hi all, I'm a newish owner of a 2014 1.0 IQ in pearlescent white (not sure if that's the right colour description).

I have one of those storage nets that I think is supposed to be affixed across the back seats; I've tried to fix it with zero success. I've looked at online pics but I'll be damned if I can find the right way to do it.  Does it 'hook on' to the back somewhere because I can't find where it 'hooks' to, so to speak. I've had the seats upright and back down again (which is where they usually stay to provide space for shopping). So I would appreciate an idiot's guide to help me, please?

2nd question: is it true that Aston Martin bought up body shells and chassis to make the Cygnet?

3rd: I don't recall seeing another 2014 or later IQ - was '14 the last year they were made?

4th: I want a little 'storage' box to sit on the floor next to me and behind the handbrake - I don't need anything fancy, just somehwere to put my phone and wallet. Any suggestions, please?

Thanks for reading

Toyota withdrew the IQ from the UK market in 2014 due to the high cost of the Yen, which made importing expensive, low sales and the fact that impending new legislation would have meant significant alterations to the car - see

The IQ was withdrawn from sale in the US in 2015 due to falling sales. Production ended in December 2015.

Aston Martin didn't buy up IQs to make the Cygnet. They needed to reduce the average fuel consumption of their range, and came to an arrangement with Toyota covering the supply of IQs for conversion to the Cygnet. This involved new front panels, wheels, instrument cluster and a re-trimmed interior.

• Like 2

Hi, I have the storage net and like you first I thought it fitted across the back of the front seats to stop things rolling off the boot floor. However it goes towards the back, it is quite handy though.

Fitting Instructions.

This Useful Link will take you to all the fitting instructions for all the Toyota accessories.

• Like 1

I got a square leatherette box with a lid from wilko and put it between the seats , put a smaller version underneath to bring it up to seat level, cheap and works